Prospects to keep an eye on

indifference

Just now, kgarrett12486 said:

That's true, it's just going to depend on what he's willing to take. If he wants to break the bank that could be an issue...

Yeah. $40M on two WRs is tough to swallow. But we'll luckily have a rookie QB contract though. That should help.

And Brady didn't ask for $40M. He easily could have and nobody would've batted an eye.

17 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Could mean there preparing for life after Godwin. He's in last year of his deal and then you're probably looking at 1 franchise tag...

If he's willing to sign an extension before hitting the market, he's going to command top if the market money, which is probably $20+ million AAV in another year or so. That's a lot of cash for a position where production can wane from year to year...

This is exactly why I made the argument for Ruggs at #14 if all the OT are gone. We are eventually going to either have to cut Mike Evans or just let Godwin walk. You can't pay them both, the money they deserve. Great teams prepare for needs ahead of time. If Ruggs is there at 14, and the big 4 OT are gone, I think he should 100% be the pick. It would allow us to put an amazing offense on the field for the 1st year or two. And then when contract time comes up, Evans is let go and Ruggs step in seamlessly and our offense continues to run. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

This is exactly why I made the argument for Ruggs at #14 if all the OT are gone. We are eventually going to either have to cut Mike Evans or just let Godwin walk. You can't pay them both, the money they deserve. Great teams prepare for needs ahead of time. If Ruggs is there at 14, and the big 4 OT are gone, I think he should 100% be the pick. It would allow us to put an amazing offense on the field for the 1st year or two. And then when contract time comes up, Evans is let go and Ruggs step in seamlessly and our offense continues to run. 

Yep, I'm in the same thought. It's going to be hard to keep both...

I'd love to get Ruggs with our pick (with the caveat that Thomas, Wills and Wirfs are off the board already).  I actually think his combine showing could push him up the board even further...

Good thing is, this WR class is very deep, so even missing out on a Ruggs there are real good options beyond the 1st round, like Aiyuk...

12 hours ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Ok, I understand the train of thought

But theres no way we let Evan's go or godwin walk anytime soon

AND why Ruggs? What is it with Ruggs? I just dont see it . Lamb,  ok. Jeudy, ok. Ruggs?? I dont see it

But I guess that's just me

Would not be against taking a WR. Remember BA was very close to taking one last year but the Steelers ended taking our guy. And with that mind BA comes from that organization that routinely drafted quality late round WR. Round 3 WR or round 4 will be in the cards imo

Figured I would start putting up scouting videos of tackles.  Like last yr, I like Voch Lombardi s work.

First up, Mechai Becton.  Now we know Jeremiah is really high on Becton.  The rest of the league, I m curious.  He is technically raw, but a physical speciman.  Pretty sure Licht will have him high on the draft board.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Figured I would start putting up scouting videos of tackles.  Like last yr, I like Voch Lombardi s work.

First up, Mechai Becton.  Now we know Jeremiah is really high on Becton.  The rest of the league, I m curious.  He is technically raw, but a physical speciman.  Pretty sure Licht will have him high on the draft board.

Becton will be a buc. The other 3 are prospects are more polished and pro ready. But his upside is insane! He tested so well at the combine we’d be crazy not to take him. Bucs will end up with Becton next month and bring along slowly. He really has Odgen type athletic gifts.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Start a thread for each one. Why not?

On 3/23/2020 at 8:41 PM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Ok, I understand the train of thought

But theres no way we let Evan's go or godwin walk anytime soon

AND why Ruggs? What is it with Ruggs? I just dont see it . Lamb,  ok. Jeudy, ok. Ruggs?? I dont see it

But I guess that's just me

Evans has a chance to be gone in 2 or 3 years. He will count for 16m against the cap and have no dead money hit... By that time we will have made Godwin a top-3 paid WR and Evans will be 29. You just can't pay 2 players that kind of money at the same position and expect to compete. He would have to take a very team friendly extension for him to stick around. 

And I think it is just you man lol. Im not sure what you don't see in Ruggs game. He is an above average route runner, he has tremendous hands, and has break away speed. I mean yes I have Lamb and Jeudy ahead of him, but not by much. 

28 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Evans has a chance to be gone in 2 or 3 years. He will count for 16m against the cap and have no dead money hit... By that time we will have made Godwin a top-3 paid WR and Evans will be 29. You just can't pay 2 players that kind of money at the same position and expect to compete. He would have to take a very team friendly extension for him to stick around. 

And I think it is just you man lol. Im not sure what you don't see in Ruggs game. He is an above average route runner, he has tremendous hands, and has break away speed. I mean yes I have Lamb and Jeudy ahead of him, but not by much. 

I guess I just think Ruggs' production was a by product of having 1 of the best qbs in college football AND having arguably the number 1 WR prospect lining opposite of him

I just dont feel like he can duplicate that at the next level 

But. I could be wrong 🤷‍♂️ and if we did draft him I would hope I'd be wrong 🤣 because I wouldn't like it

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47