Prospects to keep an eye on

indifference

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

He looked good, but honestly this was the 1st real test he's had in 2019...

A lot of top college QBs aren’t “tested” regularly. Out west you can’t tell me Herbert and Eason play top competition regularly (granted Oregon played Auburn week 1). 

Texas, Florida, Auburn. Looking forward to seeing how Burrow does against Bama in two weeks.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

A lot of top college QBs aren’t “tested” regularly. Out west you can’t tell me Herbert and Eason play top competition regularly (granted Oregon played Auburn week 1). 

Texas, Florida, Auburn. Looking forward to seeing how Burrow does against Bama in two weeks.

Texas just got routed by an unranked TCU and their defense is garbage ranking 126 out of 130 in total defense among FBS teams...

Florida was missing some key players, but did boast a top 25 defense. I honestly forgot about them...

I'm not disagreeing with you, as I'm an SEC guy and agree it's much more competitive than majority of the PAC12. I'm just tempering my hype...

I think I'm one of the rare few that loves this top end of the QB class as a whole. I think Tua, Herbert, Eason, Burrows all have the cieling of a franchise type QB...

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Joe Burrow should be our target in the 1st. Another big win against a tough defense. LSU v Alabama is gonna be a heck of a game.

I've seen more of Burrow than Herbert and Tua. And I'm a big fan.

Something to keep in mind is all these QBs pushing down Chase Young in the draft. He could end up in Atlanta. Which would be the worst.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Texas just got routed by an unranked TCU and their defense is garbage ranking 126 out of 130 in total defense among FBS teams...

Florida was missing some key players, but did boast a top 25 defense. I honestly forgot about them...

I'm not disagreeing with you, as I'm an SEC guy and agree it's much more competitive than majority of the PAC12. I'm just tempering my hype...

I think I'm one of the rare few that loves this top end of the QB class as a whole. I think Tua, Herbert, Eason, Burrows all have the cieling of a franchise type QB...

Coaching and supporting cast at the next level will be key for all of them. But good decision making, clutch play and toughness is something you want to see in college, along with obviously being able to win games. Burrow and Tua have probably been the best in those departments, but I could see more than one of the QBs in this class being a franchise guy, if they get the coaching and have a decent supporting cast.

16 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I've seen more of Burrow than Herbert and Tua. And I'm a big fan.

Something to keep in mind is all these QBs pushing down Chase Young in the draft. He could end up in Atlanta. Which would be the worst.

Chase Young in the division would be awful.

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I want QB position as much as anybody, but this supposedly is a pretty good draft for oline.  I want to learn more that s for sure

I don't see why we can't trade a potential first, second, and future first for a QB and still have plenty of picks to address the line.

Tua and Herbert are likely gone. But Burrow and Eason are reasonable and likely won't go as high.

18 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't see why we can't trade a potential first, second, and future first for a QB and still have plenty of picks to address the line.

Tua and Herbert are likely gone. But Burrow and Eason are reasonable and likely won't go as high.

3 guys on the dline are FAs.  Good chance all 3 leave because they ll have their choice of teams in FA. RT will be a huge need.   Of course, FA could solve this problem for the Bucs.

Right now, I m not willing to wait to rd 3 to start and address the lines.  I like Burrow and Eason. but I need to give them a better team around them first.  If they fall go grab one.

29 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

3 guys on the dline are FAs.  Good chance all 3 leave because they ll have their choice of teams in FA. RT will be a huge need.   Of course, FA could solve this problem for the Bucs.

Right now, I m not willing to wait to rd 3 to start and address the lines.  I like Burrow and Eason. but I need to give them a better team around them first.  If they fall go grab one.

Gotta have a QB before you have anything else.

KC is a mess without Mahomes. The old Colts teams were perennial 13-3 teams until Manning broke his neck.

Gimme a QB BA can work with then focus on everything  else.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Gotta have a QB before you have anything else.

KC is a mess without Mahomes. The old Colts teams were perennial 13-3 teams until Manning broke his neck.

Gimme a QB BA can work with then focus on everything  else.

Too bad Indy killed Luck without an oline.  I get it, I just don t want to move a lot of draft capital for anyone for this draft with the holes that will be present on both lines.

Eason is the most likely to drop anyway.  The list of 2 yr starters or less in college and being really good in their first yr is short.  Go grab Eason, but no first or second in a deal to ensure his spot.  I understand why you and other fans would not agree.

15 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

We’re 6 months from April but who are some top OL in the draft you like and where are they projected to go as of now?

I m far from a draft expert, but I can look up history.  The last tackle drafted in the first round by this team was Kenyatta Walker.  The last interior oline Davin Joseph.

An Arians offense doesn t want to keep in players to protect.  RT is a huge problem going fwd, go get a tackle.