Prospects to keep an eye on

indifference

19 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Yea true...  I just dunno whats out there as far as FA .   I'll have to check it out

EDIT:  I just looked at the FA class for lineman last year and its ******* roughhh.    

Jason Peters and Whitworth at age 38 could possibly be available lol.  

Only thing I see that could potentially be available is

Jack Conklin

Brandon Scherff

Andrus Peat

Kyle Long

Bryan Bulaga

Thats about it everyone else is really old or just terrible or highly likely to be resigned by their teams.

I like Tyrod Taylor to be honest. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Yeah that’s where we’ll be picking. Doesn’t matter the system or the coach, if Tua is there and his medical check out, Bucs better take a long hard look in the mirror.

Tua is a big risk im okay with it if he is medically cleared to play AND Bucs made the precautions to improve the OL. No rookie qb will be able to survive here with Donovan Turnstile Smith and Dotty on his last leg. If we improve the OL and DL im down to take qb round 1. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Tua is a big risk im okay with it if he is medically cleared to play AND Bucs made the precautions to improve the OL. No rookie qb will be able to survive here with Donovan Turnstile Smith and Dotty on his last leg. If we improve the OL and DL im down to take qb round 1. 

And that is the issue.  The tackle free agent class is old and or broken.  I don t know how they go about retooling the oline without using a high pick.  

As much as I would like a new, first round pick Qb this upcoming draft, I just think retooling the lines needs to happen first before a young Qb is brought into this environment.  

And no I do not want Licht to do the retooling.  His track record does not deserve him more time then Allen or Dom to right the ship.

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

To be fair, we don't have to take an OT with our first pick to address the line.

Right. We could sign Sheriff (maybe wishful thinking) move Cappa to RT, cut Jensen, and draft a C and T in rounds 2-3. Pretty confident we can get a good C. The T might be more of a backup but Cappa playing beside a guy like Sheriff makes the right side of the line a lot better. Unfortunately I don’t see Don Smith going until after next season with his contract. Getting a statue for a QB would be a bigger problem imo.

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

To be fair, we don't have to take an OT with our first pick to address the line.

No, but they would be fools to wait to address it in Day 3, especially tackles.  I can t think of many tackles in recent memory who were drafted beyond rd 3 and became anything close to Pro Bowl.  Sure, there are exceptions like Donald Penn, but it is few and far between.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

No, but they would be fools to wait to address it in Day 3, especially tackles.  I can t think of many tackles in recent memory who were drafted beyond rd 3 and became anything close to Pro Bowl.  Sure, there are exceptions like Donald Penn, but it is few and far between.

Good OTs are typically first round picks.

Lane Johnson, Joe Staley, Tyron Smith, Trent Williams, Ryan Ramczyk, David DeCastro, Taylor Lewan, Laremy Tunsil

But they don't have to be:

David Bakhtiari (4th round), Andrew Whitworth (2nd), Mitchell Schwartz (2nd), Terron Armstead (3rd), Jason Peters (undrafted), Trent Brown (7th), Dion Dawkins (2nd)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Good OTs are typically first round picks.

Lane Johnson, Joe Staley, Tyron Smith, Trent Williams, Ryan Ramczyk, David DeCastro, Taylor Lewan, Laremy Tunsil

But they don't have to be:

David Bakhtiari (4th round), Andrew Whitworth (2nd), Mitchell Schwartz (2nd), Terron Armstead (3rd), Jason Peters (undrafted), Trent Brown (7th), Dion Dawkins (2nd)

Since Allen was fired, this franchise has drafted exactly 2 olinemen in the first 3 rounds of a draft.  That is abysmal.

• Like 1

The lines absolutely have to be a priority. To me the draft should be prioritized 1. QB 2. OL 3. DL

QB will always be a little over valued but if say Chase Young falls to wherever we pick, you have to take him over any QB or OL. 

We’ll see where we finish but I’m gonna guess we pick somewhere between 6-15. Thinking the top OL and DL are probably gone, that’s Tua, Herbert or Eason range, tho Eason’s lack of mobility will be rough behind even an improved OL next year.

Tua, Herbert, Eason, Thomas, Wirfs, Young, Brown. One of these guys will be a Buc.

• Like 2