Prospects to keep an eye on

indifference

14 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I need a little help in believing Jalen Hurts is anything, but a meh prospect.  I was pleasantly surprised to see he was more accurate then I thought at Bama.  I 've read comparisons to Newton, I think he is more comparable to Deshaun Watson coming out of Clemson.  So why can he thrive in BA s offense because the OU offense won t be in Tampa next season.

Hurts will be a bust

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I need a little help in believing Jalen Hurts is anything, but a meh prospect.  I was pleasantly surprised to see he was more accurate then I thought at Bama.  I 've read comparisons to Newton, I think he is more comparable to Deshaun Watson coming out of Clemson.  So why can he thrive in BA s offense because the OU offense won t be in Tampa next season.

I would take him in the first if I thought he was anything like Deshaun but im afraid he is a poor man's Cam Newton IMO.   I just don't see it...   I see him flourishing at OU but that system is magnificent at masking qb deficiencies.

43 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I would take him in the first if I thought he was anything like Deshaun but im afraid he is a poor man's Cam Newton IMO.   I just don't see it...   I see him flourishing at OU but that system is magnificent at masking qb deficiencies.

I have little doubt Hurts will get the most out of his physical ability.  I m a big fan of Eason, but I m not sure he will get everything out of his immense throwing talent.  

My concern with Hurts in this offense, there are nt that many throws where the QB doesn t have to throw the ball on a tight line.  I think Hurts would do better in a West Coast as opposed to vertical.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

His motion is a lot faster and tighter than Jameis'.

No 1 drop back QB coming out of high school I believe.  He s just inexperienced and he ll probably get dinged for mobility in the.draft process.  His mechanics are terrific.  Reminds me a lot of Carson Palmer with even a little shorter throwing motion.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ravishingone said:

No 1 drop back QB coming out of high school I believe.  He s just inexperienced and he ll probably get dinged for mobility in the.draft process.  His mechanics are terrific.  Reminds me a lot of Carson Palmer with even a little shorter throwing motion.

stahhpp guys

youre getting me excited for this guy

Do Eason’s receivers suck cuz watching him in the Oregon game didn’t excite me. Also looked like Jameis on some overshot deep balls.

Not necessarily a fair statement but if Matt Stanford is the comparison, I don’t want 10 years or good enough to get a second contract but not good enough to win playoff games.

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Not necessarily a fair statement but if Matt Stanford is the comparison, I don’t want 10 years or good enough to get a second contract but not good enough to win playoff games.

Matt Stafford is the comparison in terms of skillset. That's all.

When I look at Eason, I wonder which teams who could possibly pick in the top of the 1st round would take a chance.  I see no chance of Cincy or Miami.  The Chargers maybe, but if or when they resign Rivers, makes little sense to invest in a young QB that high because you are in win now mode.  Gruden really has nt put that much emphasis on elite arm sttength as a must have trait.  Denver is a possibility, but do they want to ditch on Lock after 1 season with a defensive minded head coach in charge.

I just think BA and the Bucs make a lot of sense

Edited by ravishingone