Prospects to keep an eye on

indifference

41 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'd imagine more than a few teams will cross him off their boards. I hope we're one of them. 

This is a serious injury.

Completely agree on the seriousness of the injury but medical has come a long way since Bo Jackson. I don’t know if I’d cross him off the board yet. Yet, being the key word. See how the surgery and rehab goes. Honestly, if he makes a full recovery, even if we have a vet play most all of 2020, we could get a steel in the 8-15 range.

3 minutes ago, indifference said:

Would be smart for Tua to return for his SR season.

Don t know the severity relative to rehab.  Bo s injury was 30 yrs ago, medical procedures are so different 

He might end up in a better situation coming out now.  Teams lookimg for a QB at the top of the first rd, usually don t have good olines

If he can play again, go pro

4 minutes ago, indifference said:

Would be smart for Tua to return for his SR season.

Idk. Two sides of the coin. Some teams will still take him in the 1st if surgery and rehab is going well based on the talent alone. If he comes back to school and either gets another injury or doesn’t play well, he plays for free and could honestly put a double hit on his draft stock by putting bad tape out there as well.

28 minutes ago, indifference said:

We are on franchise that cant afford to take a risk in R1. And he prolly wont make it out the first round. 

Ehh anyone in the 1st is a risk to some level. There really aren’t can’t miss prospects. Those guys who could help on the OL, for example, will probably be long gone when we pick. 

29 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I think he'll go late first early 2nd with the injury history.   I wouldn't mind if the Bucs traded up from the 2nd to grab him late in the 1st.  Kinda like what Ravens did with Lamar Jackson.

Same his deep ball is beautiful but we need to go OL heavy in the off season

11 minutes ago, indifference said:

Same his deep ball is beautiful but we need to go OL heavy in the off season

Yea true...  I just dunno whats out there as far as FA .   I'll have to check it out

EDIT:  I just looked at the FA class for lineman last year and its ******* roughhh.    

Jason Peters and Whitworth at age 38 could possibly be available lol.  

Only thing I see that could potentially be available is

Jack Conklin

Brandon Scherff

Andrus Peat

Kyle Long

Bryan Bulaga

Thats about it everyone else is really old or just terrible or highly likely to be resigned by their teams.

Edited by sryan66611
Forgot to add Bulaga

14 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Yea true...  I just dunno whats out there as far as FA .   I'll have to check it out

EDIT:  I just looked at the FA class for lineman last year and its ******* roughhh.    

Jason Peters and Whitworth at age 38 could possibly be available lol.  

Only thing I see that could potentially be available is

Jack Conklin

Brandon Scherff

Andrus Peat

Kyle Long

Bryan Bulaga

Thats about it everyone else is really old or just terrible or highly likely to be resigned by their teams.

That is rough, a whole lot of injury history there.   Need to draft a tackle early.  

• Like 1