Josh Gordon REINSTATED according to Schefter

SBLIII

17 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

And they say the league isn't fixed...............

Suspended for FIVE WEEKS in New England - same Josh same problems as in Cleveland - he was suspended for FIVE YEARS in Cleveland.

But not to worry - if he was calling Pittsburgh home - it would have been FIVE DAYS.

That's okay - he is yours now. And I really do hope he gets his act together, for his sake.

It is the system that is totally out of whack.

Why would the NFL fix itself to make the Patriots better when they’ve already won so much that 90+% of NFL fans are sick and tired of it, and would probably literally pay to have them suck? 

Absolutely stunned, had written him off for the season. This changes everything as far  as the WR corps is concerned, you have to think Thomas is pretty much gone.

Edelman, Gordon, Harry are the only guaranteed spots I would say.

That leaves Meredith, Dorsett, Harris, Thomas, Berrios, Davis, Inman, Patterson and Meyers fighting for at most four spots, and more likely three. They are gonna end up cutting at least 1 WR that belongs on an NFL roster.

Dorsett has the inside track, and is most likely to stick. Berrios and Meyers are PS eligible, so could be stashed. Meredith, Inman and Thomas are much of a muchness in terms of size and role, I don't see them carrying more than 1 of those three.

Edelman, Gordon, Harry, Dorsett, Inman and Harris is my pick. Although I could see Meredith making it over Inman. Berrios and Meyers to the PS. Thomas goes home and waits for a injury emergency call from someone else.

41 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Absolutely stunned, had written him off for the season. This changes everything as far  as the WR corps is concerned, you have to think Thomas is pretty much gone.

Edelman, Gordon, Harry are the only guaranteed spots I would say.

That leaves Meredith, Dorsett, Harris, Thomas, Berrios, Davis, Inman, Patterson and Meyers fighting for at most four spots, and more likely three. They are gonna end up cutting at least 1 WR that belongs on an NFL roster.

Dorsett has the inside track, and is most likely to stick. Berrios and Meyers are PS eligible, so could be stashed. Meredith, Inman and Thomas are much of a muchness in terms of size and role, I don't see them carrying more than 1 of those three.

Edelman, Gordon, Harry, Dorsett, Inman and Harris is my pick. Although I could see Meredith making it over Inman. Berrios and Meyers to the PS. Thomas goes home and waits for a injury emergency call from someone else.

You have to think at this point there’s no way Meyers would clear waivers though, right?

1 minute ago, AlNFL19 said:

You have to think at this point there’s no way Meyers would clear waivers though, right?

Probably, but there's the rub when you have decent depth. I can't see him contributing more than a veteran, and don't like going into the season with 2 rookies out of 6 WRs. Maybe they'll carry 7 and go more WR heavy, given the problems at TE.

11 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Josh Gordon is a really good guy who has had a troubled life and therefore has demons. 

I really hope he overcomes them this time. If he does stay out of trouble what a bonus for you guys. At his best he is top 5 ever athlete at the WR position 

I don't think he is the athlete he was from his Cleveland days. Those hands haven't fallen off though

• Like 1