Raiders officially release Antonio Brown

Steelersfan43

Enough people in this thread defended Brown and called the stories bogus. The GM is calling the guy out and saying he's sitting out over the helmet nonsense. It was obvious the team leaked that info themselves because they were getting fed up. Now Mayock put a name to it.

I'm sure apologies will be forthcoming...

And we haven't even gotten to the part of the story where Brown throws a hissy fit because Carr can't get him the ball enough.

Edited by CKSteeler
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Enough people in this thread defended Brown and called the stories bogus. The GM is calling the guy out and saying he's sitting out over the helmet nonsense. It was obvious the team leaked that info themselves because they were getting fed up. Now Mayock put a name to it.

I'm sure apologies will be forthcoming...

And we haven't even gotten to the part of the story where Brown throws a hissy fit because Carr can't get him the ball enough.

Carr needs to be the leader on the field because if he listens to AB he probably throws 25 picks this year.

17 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

But I thought this was because the media hates the Raiders?

Antonio Brown hates the Raiders.

Media loves Antonio Brown.

So I see how it could appear like the media hates the Raiders, but they're just doing what AB tells them to. 

29 minutes ago, lancerman said:

So at what point do people give Tomlin credit for keeping this **** show under wraps as long as he did?

I suspect the "make trouble until they trade me" stunt actually working might have encouraged him to go even further the next time he's unhappy about something.

• Like 1

I am fed up with all this tbh. If he plays week 1 and dominates like he should then I'll be happy, but as of right now I wouldn't be mad if this all just disappeared and he left. Sure we wasted a 3rd and 5th on the guy but that's the cost of taking a chance on a troubled HOF WR.

We don't need this right now and if he doesn't shut the heck up soon and ball then I am so over AB and the Raiders. It's a shame this has blown up already before week 1 but again that's the risk we knew we were getting.

Delete social media, put your stupid helmet on and practice you idiot. 

• Like 2

Honest question for the group here:

Wouldn't it be smart (I know a word not associated with AB right now) to practice in a different helmet?  Maybe ask the equipment guys to have 5-6 ready to go so he could switch out when he wants to right now?  Then if you fight this and win....awesome.  If you lose, you've been trying different helmets and facemasks all along, and it won't take long to adjust to the new helmet and you know which one you want right away?

• Like 1