Raiders officially release Antonio Brown

Steelersfan43

Why say you're gonna retire if you don't get your way, and then not retire when that becomes a reality? :)

Maybe Brown said the remark to team officials in jest, but if otherwise...well that's just nutty if you aren't gonna put your money where your mouth is.

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Sweet, lets turn AB into a victim now.

Oh he brings his own drama. Not saying that, but I mean it was pretty easy to see he wasn’t going to walk away from that much guaranteed money. The retirement thing was laughable at best and that everyone ran with it is hilarious to me. Didn’t seem like the normal day in and out beat guys were that worried at all. 

31 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Oh he brings his own drama. Not saying that, but I mean it was pretty easy to see he wasn’t going to walk away from that much guaranteed money. The retirement thing was laughable at best and that everyone ran with it is hilarious to me. Didn’t seem like the normal day in and out beat guys were that worried at all. 

Personally, it's not something I'd characterize as "media shenanigans" when they have quotes like this to pick from:

"I don't even have to play football if I don't want, bro," he said. "I don't even need the game. You know what I'm saying? I don't need to prove nothing to anyone. If they wanna play, they gonna play by my rules." (old one)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2823164-antonio-brown-if-new-team-wont-play-by-my-rulesi-dont-even-have-to-play

“I love the game; I love the hustle,” Brown wrote. “Young-in got doe he can leave the league but if I leave will the fans still gone love me man? #paidinfull” (more recent)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/09/antonio-brown-posts-on-social-media-if-i-leave-will-fans-still-love-me/

They're reporting on things he's saying or posting on social media. It's just tough for me to blame the media for talking about AB possibly retiring when AB is trying his best to lead them that way. It's fiddy fiddy, they're both in it for the clicks. 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

If i read the rule correctly, it would not work because the model is not on the list and the players had a 1 year grandfather clause.

Reports came out yesterday that the NFL would allow him to wear the helmet if it was made under 10 years ago. So if he finds one somehow, he can wear it until it expires at the 10 year mark.

He lost his grievance but the NFL did cater to him slightly by allowing this it sounds like.

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Reports came out yesterday that the NFL would allow him to wear the helmet if it was made under 10 years ago. So if he finds one somehow, he can wear it until it expires at the 10 year mark.

He lost his grievance but the NFL did cater to him slightly by allowing this it sounds like.

By theory though, that means this same "standoff" would happen next year too.