Raiders officially release Antonio Brown

Steelersfan43

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You missed the part where I stated "Last Year" apparently? Where he asked for his helmet to be Grandfathered in. Was allowed to use it.

You might have missed the story where they grandfathered in 32 player's helmets including Brady, AB, and Rodgers.  There is no one off exception for one player.

9 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

People are defending Brown...?

This whole circus is too stupid to take seriously. His feet are insane. Him threatening to retire over a helmet and then trying to crowdsource it is insane. I can't even criticize Brown that much because the entire saga being news is a clown show.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He totally is, but it's just too stupid for me to even be invested in.

Ah misunderstood you then.  I think it's more fascinating than invested in.  In little over a year we've seen a guy that was touted as the "diva free" WR have this complete 'meltdown' and collapse.  To me its like a car wreck that involves no one you know.  You aren't invested but you are mesmerized by it.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This whole circus is too stupid to take seriously. His feet are insane. Him threatening to retire over a helmet and then trying to crowdsource it is insane. I can't even criticize Brown that much because the entire saga being news is a clown show.

Oh, I definitely agree. 

Just makes it all the more puzzling how people are saying this is purely media drive/Brown-hate. 

54 minutes ago, warfelg said:

To me its like a car wreck that involves no one you know.  You aren't invested but you are mesmerized by it.

But also it doesn't really matter and no one is going to die, so it's instead of driving a real car, they're driving those little Barbie toy car things, and then in the aftermath of the car accident one of the kids kicked his helmet and broke his foot.

It's just too absurd to do anything but laugh at it.

On 8/13/2019 at 9:10 PM, jebrick said:

The original model was not certified.  What makes them think a newer version of the same model would be certified? 

21 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The original was never tested as it >10 years old. 

17 hours ago, jebrick said:

No. If that were true he could never get one newer than 10+.   The model was tested but failed. 

Brown’s Schutt Air Advantage was not found to be an unsafe helmet in testing based on current standard. However, NOCSAE does not approve any athletic equipment that is more than 10 years old, according to Brian McCarthy of the NFL.

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/8/12/20801131/antonio-brown-helmet-raiders-nfl-grievance

Brown can’t use his preferred helmet — a Schutt AiR Advantage — in 2019, because that specific helmet is more than 10 years old. However, because the NFL has not affirmatively banned from use the Schutt AiR Advantage, Brown apparently could use one that is less than 10 years old, if he can find one.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/12/antonio-brown-has-a-potential-helmet-loophole/

Uh huh.....tell me more.

4 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

I don't really care much about his antics with his feet and his helmet, but to order a chef to cook then kick him out and not let him retrieve his equipment nor pay him? Chef had to pay out of pocket for his people.

Brown's just a P.O.S. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

HIS helmet is 10 years old.  A new model of the same helmet while not 10 years old is still considered unsafe ( per your quote). 

Or are you saying that the helmet he is looking for is not a newer version of the same model helmet he wore for the last 7 years?

48 minutes ago, jebrick said:

HIS helmet is 10 years old.  A new model of the same helmet while not 10 years old is still considered unsafe ( per your quote). 

Or are you saying that the helmet he is looking for is not a newer version of the same model helmet he wore for the last 7 years?

No just replying to the "His model was tested but failed" statement you made which was untrue. If it was tested and failed it would have been on the banned list.