Bucs Trade S Wilcox to Steelers

bucsfan333

6 hours ago, the lone star said:

Good move for both teams considering the circumstances. I'd give the edge to the Steelers though, but hey, at least the Bucs got something.

agreed. Having Ward cut offers the same type of guy, with super bowl pedigree. Ward should give Bucs nasty demeanor the secondary lacked. 

Good trade all aorund 

5 hours ago, bucstopshere said:

agreed. Having Ward cut offers the same type of guy, with super bowl pedigree. Ward should give Bucs nasty demeanor the secondary lacked. 

Good trade all aorund 

Yeah, nice heads up play by the Bucs to get Ward and quickly flip Wilcox. JJ could have gone for more, but they probably lost leverage by signing Ward and drafting Evans. Plus Wilcox, who I am a fan of, does struggle at times. 

A 5th round pick straight up would have been nice, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

51 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Yeah, nice heads up play by the Bucs to get Ward and quickly flip Wilcox. JJ could have gone for more, but they probably lost leverage by signing Ward and drafting Evans. Plus Wilcox, who I am a fan of, does struggle at times. 

A 5th round pick straight up would have been nice, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm just glad we were able to get anything. Especially only a few hours after we signed Ward.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm just glad we were able to get anything. Especially only a few hours after we signed Ward.

If I'm not mistaken, the Steelers tried to get in on Ward, too.  All around a win for the Bucs imo.  Nice work fellas, now sweep the Panthers this year plz.

Archived