Bucs Trade S Wilcox to Steelers

bucsfan333

Just now, Castiron said:

If I'm not mistaken, the Steelers tried to get in on Ward, too.  All around a win for the Bucs imo.  Nice work fellas, now sweep the Panthers this year plz.

Ward had like seven teams trying to sign him. I believe Pittsburgh was among them.

And that's the plan. icon_lol.gif

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Ward had like seven teams trying to sign him. I believe Pittsburgh was among them.

And that's the plan. icon_lol.gif

Yes. Haden and AB were actively recruiting him.  Nice sign, Bucs.  Thanks for passing along Plan B, though. Still puts us in a better place than we were...and you guys get a pick.

3 hours ago, Joe_Murrell said:

The Steelers waited until cut-down day to try and improve their Safety position. What were they thinking?

Steelers mismanage their secondary about as bad as any team mismanages any position group in this league.

Browns fan Brooksie here.

This is a well traveled 6th round pick. Originally, it was sent to the Browns in exchange for Justin Gilbert. Then , the Browns sent it back to Pittsburgh this weekend in the Sammie Coates trade. Now it is on its way south for JJ Wilcox.

Where will you guys send it? LOL.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Your face is bad.

Well yeah, but my point still stands.

How is your secondary going to contend with the likes of Kelvin Benj- ... hmm ... Devin Funch-, no, they're pretty bad. Uh ... you're lucky Brenton Bersin got hurt (or is it we're lucky?). But Greg Olsen is still really good! And McCaffrey is gonna be crazy fun to watch! So ... where does that leave us? Whatever. Football!

On 9/4/2017 at 5:42 PM, Joe_Murrell said:

The Steelers waited until cut-down day to try and improve their Safety position. What were they thinking?

Actually, they tried to do it in the offseason, but there werent alot of options, and in the draft, we had some taken just before we picked.

On top of that, from the front offices perspective, we only needed depth, as they definitely viewed Sean Davis and Mike Mitchell as our starters....but we had nothing behind them.     In reality though, Mitchell very much needs to be replaced as starter.   He'd be an okay backup....but not at the salary he currently makes.

On 9/4/2017 at 10:19 AM, Castiron said:

If I'm not mistaken, the Steelers tried to get in on Ward, too.  All around a win for the Bucs imo.  Nice work fellas, now sweep the Panthers this year plz.

i really liked our effort in this whole Ward signing + Wilcox deal, hope that Ward has a couple good seasons left in the tank and proves the broncos wrong.

Kinda like a reverse john lynch situation lol :D

Archived