Favorite Watching the GAME Venue?

KewlBeanz

On 8/7/2019 at 11:28 AM, ET80 said:

Can't watch at home, I get too loud for the wife/kids. So I meet up with a bunch of friends at BWW. 

This was a point of contention in my family for a while. My Mom and Sister-in-law didn't like how loud me, my Brother and Dad would get - but they wanted to be around us. We got a little bit better, but then I met my wife and she made them look bad by not caring. Now we have a few little kids running around so we have to have it a little toned down.

Home alone or someone else who is equally knowledgable about football and will not go off topic. Hate watching with casual fans tbh. Going to games are also fun but I wouldn’t want season tickets.

Bars/Public are the worst. Too many drunk casual fans and can barely hear the TV. 

I go to BWW with a friend since we are transplants of two different teams (me, Vikings - him, Giants). Then I go home at night and re-watch the game on NFL gamepass so I can get the audio experience and watch for things I might’ve missed due to the bar environment. 

Id prefer just to watch the game at home, but NFL ticket isn’t an option. Until that changes, BWW’s it is. 

Those of you saying that you can't hear the game at the bar are just going to the wrong bars. While I would generally prefer to watch at home, playoff games at a friend's house or at the bar are a lot of fun. Going to games can be fun, but would rather be inside watching.

I watch the Bills games at home alone and then watch the 4pm games at a buddies house where usually there are another 5-10 people. He's got two TV'S going and they flip back and forth between all the games. Most of us are in a fantasy league together so the afternoons are quite enjoyable. 

My favorite experience is being in the stadium close to the field. The energy, the noise, the sound of 80 thousand people screaming as a player streaks down the field for a TD. Seeing the players live. Being able to watch the whole field. 

I don't like the cost. Especially for level 1 seats, and the 8 dollar beer is something I have to prepare myself for every time. But it's the best fan experience. Just walking into the stadium and seeing the field for the first time is enough to warrant goosebumps most of the time.

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1