Texans waive RB D'Onta Foreman; signed by Colts

RaidersAreOne

...I should be surprised, but given how this off-season has gone...I'm not. I'm just not.

On the plus side, someone is doing GM things in Houston. On the minus side, it's Bill O'Brien; This specific decision is 150% BOBs decision, Hack Easterby and the Cal kids had no say in the matter. The player (Foreman was always in the doghouse with BOB) the timing (before the GB joint practice) all of it is OB.

Foreman had some work ethic issues, but it seems like he turned it around this off-season, he's an incredibly talented RB. Someone is going to pick him up cheap ...and he's going to crush it for them, just run like a freakshow. Jerruh could do worse in his standoff with Zeke...

58 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Was a big fan of his coming out the draft, thought he'd tear it up in Houston. Like @ET80 said, I can see him going somewhere for cheap and making the Texans regret this decision. 

Same. I thought the Texans got a steal with him.

Would love to see the Titans bring him in to see if he can hop Fluellen.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

How long before Gordan is a Texan?

I sincerely hope this isn't the case. I think Melvin Gordon isn't that good, he's either hurt or running for less than 4.0 YPC.

Let someone else pay for that. I'd take a one year flyer on Jay Ajayi or Chris Ivory over trading for Gordon.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I sincerely hope this isn't the case. I think Melvin Gordon isn't that good, he's either hurt or running for less than 4.0 YPC.

Let someone else pay for that. I'd take a one year flyer on Jay Ajayi or Chris Ivory over trading for Gordon.

Ajayi seems to injury prone there’s a reason he’s still a free agent.

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

Ajayi seems to injury prone there’s a reason he’s still a free agent.

I'll take that over UDFA Damaera Crockett or Karan Higdon. (If I need to speak to a manager, I'll bring Karan - but that's another discussion). 

Alfred Blue was the #2 last season, and there was a lot of expectations that Foreman would become the #1 and Miller would be the #2. Now, you're going to have to replace those snaps/carries with two UDFAs, guys who probably don't understand the nuances of RB pass blocking - which was an issue BEFORE Foreman was cut.

Unless Crockett or Higdon is Arian Foster reborn, this is a gross situation.