Texans waive RB D'Onta Foreman; signed by Colts

RaidersAreOne

Like many have said I was surprised he did not turn out yet in the NFL.  On Texas that last year he was a monster and ran for well over 2000 yards on a team not all that talented.  Did he just not get the playbook or was he hurt or what?  Why did he do little to nothing?

Looking it up came across this quote, guess that answers it, and does not hurt that he did get injured but odd it might end his career just one injury.

"Texans, who cited poor work habits and being late to team meetings"

Obviously is a lot harder coming back off an injury than most think.  And if you are already a suspect worker then coming back is going to be even that much more difficult  Do not put in the work I imagine things do not go well at all.

I'm tired of this mantra of "guys who fit the culture". Sooner or later you have to just get guys who know how to play even if they don't fit that image you're trying to portray. It makes no sense and brings no value to the organization waiving Foreman this early in camp. You already have no legitimate starting left tackle and prepared to start the season with friggin Matt Khalil and now no contingency plan at RB2, hell RB1 is not even that impressive. This has to be the worst off season to date and I'm secretly wishing this season is a complete failure so they can finally get rid of BoB. 

I'm done 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

I sincerely hope this isn't the case. I think Melvin Gordon isn't that good, he's either hurt or running for less than 4.0 YPC.

Let someone else pay for that. I'd take a one year flyer on Jay Ajayi or Chris Ivory over trading for Gordon.

BOB tries harder than most former BB guys to flat out copy the OGBB.  So, naturally, we can expect to see Rex Burkhead (if/when he's cut) or Legarrette Blount (in off the street) in Houston before Week 1.

1 hour ago, Jaytrajik said:

I'm secretly wishing this season is a complete failure so they can finally get rid of BoB. 

I'm actually on this boat as well. I'm OK with a 4-12 season (where everyone is healthy - that's big, can't hide behind injuries). If BOB survives that, then there's no hope.

• Like 2