Sign in to follow this  
brooks1957

RB Depth?

Hey guys, I wonder what you think on this. You may remember him from the University of Texas, but the Texas released RB D'Onta Foreman. They cited "work ethic issues".

That is never a good tag line to marry to a professional athlete, but knowing that going in - so we take a flyer on him?

My interest would be that he is a different kind of back from anyone else on the roster. He does have some speed, but his calling card is as a short yardage back. He is a bulldozer. The question is does that skill warrant a roster spot? Will he provide a niche skill that makes the Browns better? And we cannot be naive enough not to think he would come here baggage free.

All that being considered - I think we should pass on D'Onta for the time being. Just wanted to get your thoughts.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/8072/donta-foreman

I’m good at this point tbh.

Between Chubb and Hunt who are studs, Johnson who is very solid and Hilliard who has apparently been impressive in camp, I’d rather keep this group together and keep moving forward.

Bingo, LGB. There really is not a "need' at this point to make this move - so why upset the apple cart?

Depends on our philosophy. If we adopt Phillys style, then yeah, give the guy a shot.

Hilliard has looked a lot better than I thought he would look at this point. Helps he is getting a lot of reps since Hunt is out