All things Antonio Brown: from Helmet to Feet

Silver&Black88

14 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I wouldn't suspend him week 1. See if he's willing to play. If he doesn't, that solves your problem. Just cut him then.

He threatened our GM with violence. Over fines for not attending team activities. Letting him stay and play is saying we’re ok with going after Mayock in that way, putting himself above the team, and also will show we can’t and won’t control him in the future. Get him out of here. Period.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Yeah apparently we could suspend him for week 1 then that voids his guaranteed money. At this point I don’t think anyone could say there isn’t going to be another problem somewhere along the line, I’d cut bait now tbh and concentrate on who we have got. 

If you're correct that could be a plausible answer to the dilemma.  On ESPN's NFL Live Steve Young gave a plea for a reasonable resolution to this matter.  Bring him in, make him gravel on the carpet, have him apologize etc.  Get his agent involved. Ask him to attend anger therapy (sarcasm).  I question if there is any hope of making Brown conform like everyone else.  I don't want to lose him and if you can protect your monetary interest the Raiders should take those steps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silver&Black88 said:

He threatened our GM with violence. Over fines for not attending team activities. Letting him stay and play is saying we’re ok with going after Mayock in that way, putting himself above the team, and also will show we can’t and won’t control him in the future. Get him out of here. Period.

If this would have happened behind closed doors and none of the players saw it. Maybe I could see them fixing this, but for this to happen in front of the whole team there's really only one choice to make. Won't be a good look for the Raiders and sends a bad message to the rest of the players. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Dude got hot. In the NFL, I've seen incidents of actual violence (e.g. breaking nose, fist fights, etc.). This, while definitely something you don't want, seems more like a petty argument. I agree that it's nothing to scoff at, but cutting him seems really extreme this early on.

I would give him an ultimatum and lay down a final warning. If he doesn't agree, cut him. If not, put him on "probationary" status and let him play. That may solve things. If the dude cares about football, he'll put all this aside and put his helmet on. If he doesn't care enough to let things go and apologize, like I said, you have your answer.

19 minutes ago, opeth0500 said:

I say we just cut him. Yea we’re gonna suck but we probably weren’t gonna make playoffs with him anyway. I don’t want another Sapp ordeal with him blowing up on the sidelines when we are losing. Let someone else deal with his BS. 

Actually I don't think we'll suck without AB.  We have receivers.  However, I want him on the team.  Can we deal with him over a 17 week season.  Probably not.  Can you imagine the turmoil?  So we need a cheap & effective out if that's the decision.

21 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

If this would have happened behind closed doors and none of the players saw it. Maybe I could see them fixing this, but for this to happen in front of the whole team there's really only one choice to make. Won't be a good look for the Raiders and sends a bad message to the rest of the players. 

Exactly especially with a ton of young guys  if you let this slide then you approve of this type of behavior and in a testosterone filled sport like football you basically committing career suicide. ESP for a rookie like mike may you can’t fold.

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1