All things Antonio Brown: from Helmet to Feet

Silver&Black88

30 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Dude got hot. In the NFL, I've seen incidents of actual violence (e.g. breaking nose, fist fights, etc.). This, while definitely something you don't want, seems more like a petty argument. I agree that it's nothing to scoff at, but cutting him seems really extreme this early on.

I would give him an ultimatum and lay down a final warning. If he doesn't agree, cut him. If not, put him on "probationary" status and let him play. That may solve things. If the dude cares about football, he'll put all this aside and put his helmet on. If he doesn't care enough to let things go and apologize, like I said, you have your answer.

This is a ridiculous solution. Yall want talent so bad yall going just let players walk all over us he didnt just miss just one practice. They only fined him for one. They supported him and he spit in their faces. But he can catch so no biggie let's give him another chance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Playoffs are definitely in play with AB on the roster. I'm not sure they are without him.

End of the day, as a fan, I want to see AB on this team.

Your insane. We aren't close to a playoff team. We got 6 straight games away from Oakland. No pass rush. Tom cable. Left side of oline ain't great. A whole bunch of new players in a new scheme. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

Actually I don't think we'll suck without AB.  We have receivers.  However, I want him on the team.  Can we deal with him over a 17 week season.  Probably not.  Can you imagine the turmoil?  So we need a cheap & effective out if that's the decision.

If we can’t deal with him over a 17 week season then I don’t want him to get any guaranteed money. Save that money for next offseason 

28 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Vic is saying that we're considering a 4 game suspension but that we haven't announced anything because we're working with Drew on a solution. I won't be surprised if he just receives a heftier fine and is on the field week 1. 

26 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Your insane. We aren't close to a playoff team. We got 6 straight games away from Oakland. No pass rush. Tom cable. Left side of oline ain't great. A whole bunch of new players in a new scheme. 

Yeah I don’t know what kind of goggles Rich and some of these fans are wearing. Playoffs with AB? Our roster is t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e. Especially on defense. Front seven is like a low level college program. 

And we have Tom Cable. I don’t care if we sign Trent Brown... we will have a Bottom 8-12 Pass Protection with Cable. End of Story. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Dude got hot. In the NFL, I've seen incidents of actual violence (e.g. breaking nose, fist fights, etc.). This, while definitely something you don't want, seems more like a petty argument. I agree that it's nothing to scoff at, but cutting him seems really extreme this early on.

I would give him an ultimatum and lay down a final warning. If he doesn't agree, cut him. If not, put him on "probationary" status and let him play. That may solve things. If the dude cares about football, he'll put all this aside and put his helmet on. If he doesn't care enough to let things go and apologize, like I said, you have your answer.

Would you get fired if you threatened your boss with violence?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Would you get fired if you threatened your boss with violence?

I agree that AB should get cut, but let's not compare the NFL to regular workplaces. 

People threatening each other is pretty common in the NFL. Hell, we have Tom Cable on our staff who broke his assistant's jaw. AB going off on Mayock was wrong, but it's not abnormal in the NFL for dudes to get into a shouting match. But this combined with all the other drama and all the future drama that AB brings makes me want him gone.

2 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I agree that AB should get cut, but let's not compare the NFL to regular workplaces. 

People threatening each other is pretty common in the NFL. Hell, we have Tom Cable on our staff who broke his assistant's jaw. AB going off on Mayock was wrong, but it's not abnormal in the NFL for dudes to get into a shouting match. But this combined with all the other drama and all the future drama that AB brings makes me want him gone.

I've never heard of a player threatening his boss and Cable didn't break his bosses nose. 

7 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I've never heard of a player threatening his boss and Cable didn't break his bosses nose. 

I wouldn't really classify Mayock as Brown's boss. He's a "GM" that got hired by the real boss, which is Gruden.

Just saying, dudes do fight and argue in the NFL. I've seen Tom Brady go phycho on his coaches before. But with AB, it's one thing after another and hopefully its reached it's end.

No one is probably more upset than Gruden. He probably designed plays all summer just for AB. I wouldn’t doubt 1/6 of our playbook revolves around AB doing something important like being the prinsry target on one of his signature routes or a decoy. 

Since Gruden planned for AB all off season, I’m sure our offense will suck this year.