All things Antonio Brown: from Helmet to Feet

Silver&Black88

35 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

There’s a lot more to it than getting into an argument with the GM

All we know is AB was fined for unexcused absences, most times those fines are waived anyway, AB posted the fine letter on Instagram because he was pissed, and it seem to me he couldn't wait until he saw Mayock to tell him about it. AB needs to grow up.

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Saturday afternoon seems to be the deadline on when the Raiders would need to release him. After Saturday they're stuck with that salary. 

This is not accurate. The raiders would have to suspend him for week 1. Voiding his 30M in guarantees and not guaranteeing his 14M for the season. Then they could cut him after week 1. If he is cut before the seaon theres 30M in dead money.

3 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Your insane. We aren't close to a playoff team. We got 6 straight games away from Oakland. No pass rush. Tom cable. Left side of oline ain't great. A whole bunch of new players in a new scheme. 

It’s far more insane that you’re so confident in how the season will play out. Fact is, fans and “experts” are routinely wrong about who will and won’t make the playoffs.

Raiders have the ingredients to be in striking distance for the playoffs this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

There’s a lot more to it than getting into an argument with the GM

He missed two practices? Dude is the best WR in football. If we wanted a choir boy, we shouldn't have acquired him. We knew what it was when we traded for him. 

You don't cut Antonio Brown unless the locker room is demanding it.
Mike Mayock traded for Brown who came cheap from Pittsburgh for specifically his behavior. The reason he traded for him was he felt the talent was worth the headache. This is the headache, if you dump him now there was absolutely no point in trading for him.
Mike Mayock then signed Richie Incognito and said "you can't have all boy scouts".
Antonio Brown did not hit Mayock, he said he wanted to.
Social media was a thing in Pittsburgh (FB Live incident) and it should have been contractually eliminated or something if they want him not to use it.
The helmet thing with the related missing practices is bad news, but it happens. Melvin Gordon is holding out for a contract, you could view Browns absences as holding out for equipment.
Fine him, that's an appropriate response. Get him to apologize too that's an appropriate response. Suspension is strong.
Cutting him is too much, and if that's the type of organization we are then Mayock tremendously blew this offseason with his non-draft acquisitions. The young guys we drafted have character as a defining trait. If they become divas because Brown is then their character wasn't strong to begin with. Divas don't make their team mates divas. I can't think of an example of that happening.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

A week before the season last year we trade our best player. 4 days before the season this year our best player is about to be suspended and cut. Cant wait to see what happens next year. Maybe Gruden retires a day before the season. 

What a mess 

Mark Davis gets involved in some scandal and sells the team a couple days before the season. Gruden gets fired as it’s not the new owners money. 

Actually, not even entirely sure that’d be a bad thing?

We don’t even know what happened. Mayock could have came at AB disrespectful. AB is a type A personality and going come back at you if you challenge him. This isn’t a normal 9-5 office job, this is the NFl and AB is one of the best players of all time. Sure there should be some action but you just don’t release him. It’s football people are emotional, a argument happened. The world isn’t going to end because of it. We need AB more then he needs us. We would look like a joke to just release him. I wish rice, tim Brown, Woodson was more involved to mentor and just be a voice so it just doesn’t seem like a bunch of old dudes being bad cops. 

AB wouldn’t really lose 30 m. He’s gets cut and the Cowboys or Pats sign him on a one year deal at 15 m by Monday. He would make that money up, probably score 25 tds with the pats and win a super bowl while we are the joke of the league because of pride. Consider this a strike, AB deserves another chance. 

What i I can see happening, AB gets cut goes replaced Harry with NE. Sets records wins a title. We go 3-13 Gruden snakes Carr and blames him for the lousy season and drafts a QB in top 5. Bears realize Mitch sucks and trades for Carr. Carr and Mack become a dynasty for the bears while Gruden is feeding his ego trying to develop some young frat boy who can scramble and has the look. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

This may sound crazy, but why doesn't he get special treatment? I wish that had been discussed and approved. Not like the guys at home destroying tacos all day. I'd give him a day off every week honestly. Pretty sure he'd stay a top ten WR. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Trash organization if he is 

We're trash anyways. I'd rather give ourselves a chance than hang our season out to dry because our best player had a hissy fit. And to answer your question, of course I would. But this is the NFL. Production based business. It's just the facts. I don't even disagree with your sentiment. AB needs to clean it up big time. But if you don't play him, may as well toss the season.