All things Antonio Brown: from Helmet to Feet

Silver&Black88

2 hours ago, Totty said:

No.  I don't.  I wish he'd stop acting like a jackass.  

Hopefully he calms down.  If not, don't play.  It leaves us cap money.  

It's the time of the year where news is slow.  No chance he sits out, he wants to ball and he will in the Silver and Black.  The guy wants a helmet that he's comfortable with, I get that and doesn't want to have to settle for something that he isn't comfortable with and impedes his vision.  Make him sign a waiver and let the dude do what he does best, torch even the best DB's in the league. 

Don't pay attention to this nonsense, in a few weeks no one will remember this trash.  

• Like 1

I just can't see the guy walking away from however many millions it is he has guaranteed from the Raiders because he wants to wear a specific helmet. Maybe I'm underestimating just how petty AB is or how badly he's messed up mentally, but that just doesn't seem realistic.

And if he does walk away over that... well, it's probably for the best anyway.

But I just think this is about AB making the offseason/preseason about him. He loves the attention, and the media loves giving it to him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I just can't see the guy walking away from however many millions it is he has guaranteed from the Raiders because he wants to wear a specific helmet. Maybe I'm underestimating just how petty AB is or how badly he's messed up mentally, but that just doesn't seem realistic.

But I just think this is about AB making the offseason/preseason about him. He loves the attention, and the media loves giving it to him.

I think you are probably correct.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

It’s not that crazy he’s already done an on camera interview saying he doesn’t need football. 

It could also be a money grab by AB. Russell Wilson and a few other players are being paid by Vicis to wear the new helmet they have out. In the end I would not be surprised to see AB with a helmet deal and saying "I was ready to retire. Then i tried this helmet and now i can see and it's comfortable blahs blahs blah... "

• Like 1

AB will be a TV personality after football, so he could easily walk and be comfortable. Helmet gets him out of TC/pre-season overuse which vets do, usually not their first season on a new team though. :| If he plays with a new helmet it gives him an excuse if he's an old AB and not the AB of old...

He needs to ball out to keep longer than 2 years if he does play. If he retires then the 30 mil guaranteed comes back to us? I'd assume so if he retires (Ricky Williams) but if cut then nope. 

EDIT: Just read BigD and agree...

Edited by G

16 hours ago, DR43 said:

This is a serious question: Do you all regret this trade?

I am not trying to gloat-for all we know it can still blow up in the Steelers face but I want to you know all your opinions.

This always reeked of the Randy Moss trade back in the day. Fact is, this organization isn't equipped for this type of personality. This relationship will be short lived just like it was with Moss. Putting a diva WR in a place known for losing and poor management was a recipe for disaster. 

He's already wearing out his welcome with me and he's had 1 practice 

5 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

I hope Silvers report is made up.

Silver isn't even a pot-stirrer, he's an instigator - he tries to create drama, conflict, problems, etc.. 

That being said, I don't think he's "making this up" so much as he's spinning things as negatively as he can. Truth is, this isn't a good look for any one involved. I'm not trolling but as a Broncos fan I hope he sits out, I would prefer not to have to face him twice a year.