All things Antonio Brown: from Helmet to Feet

Silver&Black88

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Tbh that's not saying a whole lot haha, but I agree with everything you've said.

I agree we have been a complete and udder dumpster fire for 15 yeas. So i understand the lack of optimism. But to be so pessimistic with the roster that we have is just silly.

5 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

In the last 15 years this is:

The best group of WR we have had.

The best QB we have had.

The most highly touted RB.

The best Coach we have had.

This team is going to surprise A LOT of people this year. 

While I agree with your overall statement..
DMC was regarded way higher than JJ coming out of college. 

also following his 2011(?) year, he was ranked a top 3 RB going into the season 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

In the last 15 years this is:

The best group of WR we have had.

The best QB we have had.

The most highly touted RB.

The best Coach we have had.

This team is going to surprise A LOT of people this year. 

And what about the defense? 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Speed and youth is finally on our side.  No Reggie Nelson.  We have a legit CB 1.  There is no way our pass rush doesn't improve.  We should be better, it is almost impossible that we aren't.  I believe we ranked last in defense in points scored, so it better happen lol.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

While I agree with your overall statement..
DMC was regarded way higher than JJ coming out of college. 

also following his 2011(?) year, he was ranked a top 3 RB going into the season 

DMC was absolutely regarded way higher then JJ. You are correct. 

I think after JJ puts up 1500 scrimmage yards this year that sentiment will change.

Not to mention Gruden > Cable/Jackson/Allen

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

we have more talent on defense then we have had in 15 years too.

We don't have a player like Mack, but we have a young, athletic group, with Veterans mixed in to bring some knowledge and compliment our young pieces. 

6 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

We don't have a player like Mack, but we have a young, athletic group, with Veterans mixed in to bring some knowledge and compliment our young pieces. 

I also will add Guenther is a respected and veteran coordinator which is a nice change from the Jason Tarver days.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I also will add Guenther is a respected and veteran coordinator which is a nice change from the Jason Tarver days.

yeah I agree, I LOVE PG.

I think our pass rush will be better this year then it ever was with Mack due to the scheme and the pieces we have on the DL.

59 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Meh... iffy on that. There were some spots in there where the defense was solid. I don't see how this group creates pressure on the QB and that will be the downfall.

Also... as long as Cable is coaching the Oline, I will be bearish on offense reaching it's heights. 

56 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Meh... iffy on that. There were some spots in there where the defense was solid. I don't see how this group creates pressure on the QB and that will be the downfall.

Also... as long as Cable is coaching the Oline, I will be bearish on offense reaching it's heights. 

I don't think we've had even a top 15 defense in the last 15 years.  I wouldn't even know what to think if our defense ever ranked in the top 10.  I'd assume it was a fluke.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

when? 

when we finished 16th in 2006? or maybe when we finished 20th in 2010,2016, and 2017.

I disagree with your bearish take on our DL. I think we will AT LEAST double our sacks from last year (still would have put us dead last in total sacks last year). I expect Key and Ferrell to flirt with Double Digits and expect Hurst to add 5 or 6 from the inside. 

Cable sucks. Like he's terrible. I hope we fire him and the Skins fire Callahan and we can swoop him up.

Ummm. I dont know. Cable sucks, miller has to be better. Carr has to be better, basically 6 rd games in a row in the middle of the season.  Two starting guards out for at least 2 games. Need rookies to contribute in a huge way in big spots. If a person was pessimistic about our chances to getting to 7 wins. It's understandable. I always thought Gruden goal was to have a 9+ win team in vegas. I could see the roster building to that. Dont think it's there yet though. 

Edited by dante9876

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

when? 

when we finished 16th in 2006? or maybe when we finished 20th in 2010,2016, and 2017.

I disagree with your bearish take on our DL. I think we will AT LEAST double our sacks from last year (still would have put us dead last in total sacks last year). I expect Key and Ferrell to flirt with Double Digits and expect Hurst to add 5 or 6 from the inside. 

Cable sucks. Like he's terrible. I hope we fire him and the Skins fire Callahan and we can swoop him up.

All those years sure. There is zero indication that Ferrell is excelling as a pass rusher. Ted Nguyen did a write up on Ferrell today:

Ferrell hasn’t flashed much as a pass rusher just yet, but he’s been stout against the run"

Ferrell has shown a nice bull rush, but he hasn’t produced consistent pressure in practices. On passing situations, the Raiders have played Ferrell on the inside where his speed will be more of a factor than it is on the outside

They are already shifting him inside on passing situations? Doubtful he gets anywhere close to double digit sacks.

Key, maybe... but it's a long shot IMO. I'll venture a guess that Hurst leads the team with 7-8 sacks on the year again.