All things Antonio Brown: from Helmet to Feet

Silver&Black88

Just now, BayRaider said:

His main divaness started last year at the end of the season and gets worse every day. Something is wrong with his brain. 

AB had minor issues that the Steelers dealt with for years. An argument at practice doesn't justify letting go of one of the best players in the history of football. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Or it was a heat of the moment type thing where two alpha males got into it at practice. Tom Brady harasses the Patriots coaches and they allow him a ton of special treatment including bringing his own trainers into the locker room during the season, etc. Is Bill B a sore loser? If AB and Mayock worked it out man to man, why are you so upset about it?

Most of y'all are acting like AB disrespected you. xD

Tom Brady has brought NE how many rings? And has played for them for how many years? Has he ever been traded for peanuts despite being top 3 at his position because his team didn't want to deal with him? That's a ridiculously bad comparison. AB ain't gonna change. He's a time bomb. And when he blows up again, its on the whole organization. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

AB had minor issues that the Steelers dealt with for years. An argument at practice doesn't justify letting go of one of the best players in the history of football. 

We’re not talking about minor issues anymore. He’s been a headache since day one. And yea, cussing at your GM and being absolutely disrespectful is grounds for termination in any work field. 

If he had no guaranteed money, you keep him and see if it pans out. 

He has 15M due if he plays Week 1 which is a HUGE gamble. Easy decision. You cut him and dissolve yourself of all risk while you still have the chance. 

I really dislike where we are with social media and reporting.  There is never a way to get the whole truth.  Too many people out there trying to make a living off of information.  

I try to wait until the team addresses most issues before reacting too harshly. The problem with that is the team isn't always forthcoming either.

IMO, there is clearly something off with AB. He is either a bit crazy or he is purposefully drawn to the drama spotlight.  He is not the first player or WR to act this way.  I'm more interested in how he handles himself during the season than any of this silly off-season stuff.

Injuring his feet was obviously odd, but I didn't have any problem with that.

The helmet issue was a bit immature, but I can respect him to a point for wanting to stand up for the equipment he wants.  Tom Brady wasn't happy to switch helmets either, said it in a radio interview.  Tom Brady is not AB and clearly took the company man road.  This is the way most of us expect everyone to act, but if no one ever fights the system then no changes are ever made either.

As for the argument with Mayock, I can understand to a point as well. Having heated arguments at practice, behind closed doors, or on the sideline are all pretty standard by now.  The details are sketchy though.  What was said or not said? Was there anything more from a physical standpoint? 

There's what we believe and then what we can prove.  

I believe AB has a screw loose. I believe the media is a joke. I believe "sources" are lame.  I believe there is no proof that any of this will matter going forward. Everything else is just guessing or wishful thinking by either side of this debate.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Have been away from my computer since last night so I have a lot to catch up on.

1)  AB getting into it with another player or even a coach is workable but FO people and players is a line you do not cross.  Also if you are going after a person who puts out the persona that they are an aggressive tough guy type even if it is a coach then okay.  Not the guy that keeps his mouth shut and just does his job.  He could have talked trash to Gruden and I would be fine but Mayock is strike number 2.

2) Someone stated that the apology is admittance of guilt and opens the door for us to easily show him as a repeat offender if we decide to suspend him later on.  I would have cut him and do not want him on the team but the reasoning why he has not been cut is because we have leverage now.  Do not mess up again or his career is over and the Raiders attorneys feel that the guarantees can still be taken away from the point of the suspension.  His pay is week to week now.  His contract is not structured so that he can just be on the team week 1, collect $30 million, then act like an idiot week 2 and still get paid.  He is protected from injury and poor play but not being an idiot.

3) If anything in the twitter quote was said by Brown and is not true I would have him face further discipline.  Drives me nuts when people apologize and then make a false statement about the incident to not look as bad.  Shows that there is zero remorse and it is all BS.  And if anyone is wondering he can face disciplinary action for misrepresenting the altercation to the public.  Drew should have sat him down and let him know anything he says about the incident has to be approved first by him and the team.

I personally think the Raiders plan is gonna backfire. If they cut AB now they won’t owe anything. But if they say him “apologizing” was an admittance of guilt and they can use that in court, they are going to LOSE to ABs lawyer and owe the 15M for this year. He didn’t even state what exactly he apologized for. 

I swear my organization cannot be this dumb can they? Can they?

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Nope ima need that super bowl win then he can punch every coach in the face lol

He could beat Cable with his helmet also.  The situation will not be forgotten no matter how well he plays though.  If he becomes more of a distraction then his play on the field is worth then he is gone.  He must now justify a 3rd  and 5th pick, $15 million, and being the biggest diva in the NFL.  That is league MVP status for me.  Playing well in 1 game is nothing.  If he can put 1500 yds and 12+ TDs he does not not need training camp but needs to set a better example.  Just fake an injury every camp, help the young guys, and keep your emotions in check.  Go talk to Mayock and Gruden in the office.  Not out on the field.  Your fines are not something you need to practice.  If he would have gone out there, did what he was suppose to, and then talked to them privately the fines would have been waved.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I personally think the Raiders plan is gonna backfire. If they cut AB now they won’t owe anything. But if they say him “apologizing” was an admittance of guilt and they can use that in court, they are going to LOSE to ABs lawyer and owe the 15M for this year. He didn’t even state what exactly he apologized for. 

I swear my organization cannot be this dumb can they? Can they?

What type of apology did he give?  Drew might be trying some tricky lawyer stuff but I would hope the organization would catch it.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

What type of apology did he give?  Drew might be trying some tricky lawyer stuff but I would hope the organization would catch it.

Just apologized. There was no explanation or specifics. Definitely being coached by Drew for future court proceedings. 

new to posting here.

my take is if Brown can strap it up and play. If he can Elevate the WR room, Carr, The Offense.

keep his antics undercover and away from the eyesight of reporters then keep him. 

His antics and apology only strengthen the raiders case when they go and cut him and hold the next 15 mil. 

Chucky runs all, mayock and AB talked it out.. the captains are good with the outcome.. as a fan im torn because i want him on field but not off. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Just apologized. There was no explanation or specifics. Definitely being coached by Drew for future court proceedings. 

I saw that he said something to the media about the apology but what about to the coaches and players?  I am sure there is video and audio of that in the teams possession.

Just now, HVAC_RAIDER said:

new to posting here.

my take is if Brown can strap it up and play. If he can Elevate the WR room, Carr, The Offense.

keep his antics undercover and away from the eyesight of reporters then keep him. 

His antics and apology only strengthen the raiders case when they go and cut him and hold the next 15 mil. 

Chucky runs all, mayock and AB talked it out.. the captains are good with the outcome.. as a fan im torn because i want him on field but not off. 

I can not deny his talent and that he holds value but I am not sure if it outweighs his cost.  Any futures issues and I know where I stand but that does not matter.

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I saw that he said something to the media about the apology but what about to the coaches and players?  I am sure there is video and audio of that in the teams possession.

There was no specifics about any of the incidents. I’m telling you now, a judge will laugh at that being an admission of guilt. 

35 minutes ago, true2form said:

I really dislike where we are with social media and reporting.  There is never a way to get the whole truth.  Too many people out there trying to make a living off of information.  

I try to wait until the team addresses most issues before reacting too harshly. The problem with that is the team isn't always forthcoming either.

IMO, there is clearly something off with AB. He is either a bit crazy or he is purposefully drawn to the drama spotlight.  He is not the first player or WR to act this way.  I'm more interested in how he handles himself during the season than any of this silly off-season stuff.

Injuring his feet was obviously odd, but I didn't have any problem with that.

The helmet issue was a bit immature, but I can respect him to a point for wanting to stand up for the equipment he wants.  Tom Brady wasn't happy to switch helmets either, said it in a radio interview.  Tom Brady is not AB and clearly took the company man road.  This is the way most of us expect everyone to act, but if no one ever fights the system then no changes are ever made either.

As for the argument with Mayock, I can understand to a point as well. Having heated arguments at practice, behind closed doors, or on the sideline are all pretty standard by now.  The details are sketchy though.  What was said or not said? Was there anything more from a physical standpoint? 

There's what we believe and then what we can prove.  

I believe AB has a screw loose. I believe the media is a joke. I believe "sources" are lame.  I believe there is no proof that any of this will matter going forward. Everything else is just guessing or wishful thinking by either side of this debate.

I agree with all you have said.  The media is a joke and has always been, that is nothing new.  You're very correct too in that many people are trying to make a living off being the first to post information, true or false.  Most of the time it is false or misrepresented just so they can be quoted.  

I believe that AB had an altercation with Mayock on the sideline, called him what was implied on social media and Burfect had to restrain him. AB is a loose cannon, we all knew that but he is one of the best WR's in the NFL.  The Gruden and Mayock "good cop, bad cop" is the only way to play this game.  Mayock delivers the bad news and Gruden plays good cop and tries to make peace. Players like AB are fools and think Gruden really cares about him.  Gruden cares about winning football games and AB helps the Raiders do so.  If AB was a 3rd string center and pulled what he did he would have been let go in 2 seconds. 

We all want AB on the field from a talent perspective, that is obvious but so far the guy has been a major headache and distraction.  I just hope he get his catches and we are winning ball games.  Clearly the guy gets distracted when he is not playing football and is bored.

Archived