Alex Lewis traded to Jets for conditional 7th

wackywabbit

24 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Now hopefully they can finally move Hurst over to LG full time. Move Brown in as the starter at RT.

I didn't think there was ever any question that Brown had solidified himself at the starter at RT after how he finished the season last year. His physical fitness issues aside in training camp, I don't believe they were ever seriously considering playing Hurst over him. With that said, I still don't want Hurst or Skura starting along the line. I really, really hope someone can beat them out for those spots in the preseason.

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I didn't think there was ever any question that Brown had solidified himself at the starter at RT after how he finished the season last year. His physical fitness issues aside in training camp, I don't believe they were ever seriously considering playing Hurst over him. With that said, I still don't want Hurst or Skura starting along the line. I really, really hope someone can beat them out for those spots in the preseason.

You'd think, right?

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Alex Lewis is a trash player. Our worst performing lineman last year. Add in the injuries and now some weird hostility towards the organization, good riddance. 

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say trash, but for a dude that was hyped up to to be this strong, nasty lineman - he was definitely kind of soft, especially relative to expectations. For someone who was supposed to have a mean streak, we really didn't see that often enough in games. Best of luck to him, but he definitely didn't live up to this billing in Baltimore.

• Like 1

We threw a conditional 7th to you guys.

What can you tell me about him?

Looks like he was going to be a long term OG for you guys his rookie season where he played great from what I read.  He then started 10 games only due to shoulder injury last year.  

Sounds like solid depth for us since we really didn't have any good backups behind KO and Winters.  Hopefully a fresh start will help him out.  

4 hours ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Good. I knew him in college and he's not a good dude. Hope he flames out of the league.

he's not a very good player either lol. people always talk about his injury history but even when he played i never saw it...it's not super great when your calling card is supposed to be physicality and moving people off the ball and James Hurst goes in and does better in the run game

I didn't know anything about him not wanting to be in Baltimore or issues with his rehab, but given how he's played in the last year and the fact he's missed so much time due to injury I doubt his absence will be felt too greatly