Alex Lewis traded to Jets for conditional 7th

wackywabbit

36 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Lewis was never really that great even in his supposedly good (and short) rookie year. Just hype. I'm not concerned at all about left guard being weakened by his departure from the roster. Alex wasn't strengthening it anyways. Just a body is not depth or competition. 

Bingo. 

Lewis was alright in spurts as a Rookie, considering he was a mid round pick. Expectations change for veteran players and he never met them. We saw an over matched player struggling to survive and contribute. I'm glad we got anything out of his exit from the club.

10 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I didn't think there was ever any question that Brown had solidified himself at the starter at RT after how he finished the season last year. His physical fitness issues aside in training camp, I don't believe they were ever seriously considering playing Hurst over him. With that said, I still don't want Hurst or Skura starting along the line. I really, really hope someone can beat them out for those spots in the preseason.

Oh there’s no real question. But Hurst was a drastically better LG two years ago when he was able to focus on the position more than last year when they unnecessarily used him at RT.

At LG, without the back issues, he was a great pulling option, which could be greatly utilized with Lamar out there. Especially considering Hurst has experience blocking on the edge, so he doesn’t have to be your typical “phone booth” type OG. When he focused on the LG spot he also had a bit more strength out of his stance.

Thus, I’d rather not even play around and have him practicing so much as a RT. I want him specializing along the interior in that role. I’d rather we instead use Jermaine Eluemunor be our versatility lineman. He looks to be a bit better along the edges anyway based off his short sample last year at LT.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 3

On 8/5/2019 at 10:39 AM, diamondbull424 said:

Now hopefully they can finally move Hurst over to LG full time. Move Brown in as the starter at RT.

So is that the plan?  Looking at the roster that is what I thought as a potential starter opposite Yanda at guard.  Either that or Ben Powers but Hurts is a more proven player.  Applefield is a nice RT prospect who could maybe play guard also and RJ Prince has some upside and size at OG.

19 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

So is that the plan?  Looking at the roster that is what I thought as a potential starter opposite Yanda at guard.  Either that or Ben Powers but Hurts is a more proven player.  Applefield is a nice RT prospect who could maybe play guard also and RJ Prince has some upside and size at OG.

It damn well should be, seeing as Hurst has shown to suck at OT and we already have those spots filled, and he was much better at LG in 2017/18.

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

The offensive line roster spots are pretty much set. Stanley, Hurst, Skura, Yanda, Brown, Eluemunor, Powers, and Bozeman are making the team. If they carry 9 then include Senat. I seriously doubt anymore than that are kept. 

• Like 1