Detroit Lions Training Camp Thread

CWood21

1 hour ago, theuntouchable said:

It's pretty crazy the uproar that came with releasing Zenner. Never in my life have I seen fans so enamored with a RB3/4. Don't get me wrong, I think Zenner is tough as nails and a decent player but holy crap. 

Agreed.  People complain about us not upgrading RB much and then get mad when someone is an upgrade.  Zenner was never going to be great, was a fun story for a few years and I hope he latches on somewhere.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Agreed.  People complain about us not upgrading RB much and then get mad when someone is an upgrade.  Zenner was never going to be great, was a fun story for a few years and I hope he latches on somewhere.

Agreed, I think he could do well in the right role but he was never going to be a RB1. I also think it didn't help that the Lions signed another RB shortly after releasing him lol 

11 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Agreed, I think he could do well in the right role but he was never going to be a RB1. I also think it didn't help that the Lions signed another RB shortly after releasing him lol 

I think they gave him the early cut to find another team before the rest of the cuts.  We signed another RB mainly to have bodies for this last preseason game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think they gave him the early cut to find another team before the rest of the cuts.  We signed another RB mainly to have bodies for this last preseason game. 

That was my thought process with it as well, it's just nuts the amount of comments I've heard/read about it 

The Lions certainly showed nothing in preseason that indicates they're much better. Especially not on the OL which I maintain is the key to their season. 

I'm watching for one thing this week: if they keep Savage over Josh Johnson that will be an immense red flag to me that they're approaching things all wrong again. Savage is double hot garbage

32 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

The Lions certainly showed nothing in preseason that indicates they're much better. Especially not on the OL which I maintain is the key to their season. 

I'm watching for one thing this week: if they keep Savage over Josh Johnson that will be an immense red flag to me that they're approaching things all wrong again. Savage is double hot garbage

He definitely looked rusty.

Johnson throws a terrible deep ball tho.

I wouldn't mind calling NE to see if Hoyer could be had.

I know, I know. It's the preseason. It doesn't matter. 

I still think that what we have seen is very discouraging. It's one thing to lose, but it's another to just not look very good. I can't really point to anything that looked great on this team so far. 

A guy that fell onto some lists as a player the Lions should trade for (Duke Dawson) just got traded by the Pats to the Broncos.

I have a feeling the Lions are going to trade someone like Logan Thomas or even Nauta to the Pats in exchange for someone like Thuney. I have to imagine that Hoyer is going to be included in a separate or large scale trade.