Detroit Lions Training Camp Thread

CWood21

I was listening to SiriusXM's training camp tour and they were in Houston today. Sounds like they destroyed us in pretty much everything from intensity to sportsmanship. They said Patricia got in a yelling match with JJ Watt for beating Wagner too badly causing the play to be blown dead.

1 hour ago, Nnivolcm said:

I was listening to SiriusXM's training camp tour and they were in Houston today. Sounds like they destroyed us in pretty much everything from intensity to sportsmanship. They said Patricia got in a yelling match with JJ Watt for beating Wagner too badly causing the play to be blown dead.

They all need to wake the f up

Wagner alone could make Mack dp of the year... probably make Gary defensive rookie of the year...

Can't believe they didn't do more for the position... 

12 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

They all need to wake the f up

Wagner alone could make Mack dp of the year... probably make Gary defensive rookie of the year...

Can't believe they didn't do more for the position... 

It wasn't because of Wagner but because of Stafford. Watt came in too hard and was more physical/aggressive with Stafford than (Patricia) preferred.

We don't have a great back-up QB situation. I wouldn't want to be Patricia and to lose Stafford in a joint practice for any real amount of time either.

As for Wagner and the lack of attention on the OL, they obviously believe they have guys they can win with. Maybe it was a scheme thing and/or maybe a coaching thing. I sure hope that they're right but I have similar concerns as you do.

10 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

It wasn't because of Wagner but because of Stafford. Watt came in too hard and was more physical/aggressive with Stafford than (Patricia) preferred.

We don't have a great back-up QB situation. I wouldn't want to be Patricia and to lose Stafford in a joint practice for any real amount of time either.

As for Wagner and the lack of attention on the OL, they obviously believe they have guys they can win with. Maybe it was a scheme thing and/or maybe a coaching thing. I sure hope that they're right but I have similar concerns as you do.

It wasn't a one time thing...

Wagner and Crosby looked/have looked like garbage 

Wagner is paid to stop top tier guys and hasn't shown sjht

But on the bright side we get to now over pay Decker....

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

He was a gritty player but I think that with Kerryon Johnson, CJ  Anderson and Ty Johnson he might have been pushed out.  They will probably keep Nick Bawden also.  Maybe players like Brandon Powell, Isaac Nuata and Tom Kennedy could take some snaps at RB also.

20 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

He was a gritty player but I think that with Kerryon Johnson, CJ  Anderson and Ty Johnson he might have been pushed out.  They will probably keep Nick Bawden also.  Maybe players like Brandon Powell, Isaac Nuata and Tom Kennedy could take some snaps at RB also.

I always liked Zenner's intelligence. More than once I've seen him make a smart play to cover someone else's mistake. Was endearing.

I don't see what Powell has done to earn a spot on the team to be honest. Nuata is a draft pick and BQ hates to cut those. I imagine if we see injuries at RB Zenner might make another come back.

19 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

I always liked Zenner's intelligence. More than once I've seen him make a smart play to cover someone else's mistake. Was endearing.

I don't see what Powell has done to earn a spot on the team to be honest. Nuata is a draft pick and BQ hates to cut those. I imagine if we see injuries at RB Zenner might make another come back.

I expect Zenner to stick around town. I think he likes playing football and will do it as long as he can but he has bigger aspirations for life afterwards. I'm assuming where he's being educated is close by. He knows the Lions and they know him. There's going to be injuries