90210 Reboot

KewlBeanz

I don’t know if it’s gonna satisfy all the diehard fans out there but i enjoyed it.  The LA Times called it 90210 meets Curb Your Enthusiasm.  That’s a pretty good parallel for the tone of the show.  Lots of sarcasm and dry humor too.  I’m digging the format and the self-awareness.  They didn’t pull any punches on themselves.  

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ratings leveled off each week but I thoroughly enjoyed the meta take.  It was very creative and funny.  Not sure if it’ll get picked up but it ended perfectly if it doesn’t.  I’m just grateful we got this much.  Still one of the better pilots I’ve ever seen.  

On 9/13/2019 at 4:52 PM, thrILL! said:

Ratings leveled off each week but I thoroughly enjoyed the meta take.  It was very creative and funny.  Not sure if it’ll get picked up but it ended perfectly if it doesn’t.  I’m just grateful we got this much.  Still one of the better pilots I’ve ever seen.  

I might check it out sometime.

Im usually not a fan of TV reboots because they always feel forced and a shell of its former self, and I figured this would be the same.   But its cool to hear the format is different and it didnt really take itself too seriously.   

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I might check it out sometime.

Im usually not a fan of TV reboots because they always feel forced and a shell of its former self, and I figured this would be the same.   But its cool to hear the format is different and it didnt really take itself too seriously.   

It’s 90210 meets Curb Your Enthusiasm.  If you like Curb, you’ll prolly enjoy this. Lots of satire making fun of TV tropes, cliches and creative vs suits battles. And tons of self-deprecating humor making fun of themselves and the show that led to this.  

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

It’s 90210 meets Curb Your Enthusiasm.  If you like Curb, you’ll prolly enjoy this. Lots of satire making fun of TV tropes, cliches and creative vs suits battles. And tons of self-deprecating humor making fun of themselves and the show that led to this.  

Love Curb...Ill def have to at least watch the first episode.