Jets acquire Alex Lewis from Baltimore

Rockice_8

Savvy move. Lewis has NFL experience at both LG and LT, and was a LG/LT/blocking TE in college. He should serve as good depth from left to right if he can stay healthy. Despite many reports that the Jets OLine was exceeding expectations early in camp, I love how it hasn't stopped Douglas from adding reinforcements. I'd be ecstatic if we somehow swung a trade for Trent Williams, but I'm comfortable with the group we have right now.

Next up: CB. 

This is a great move. It doesnt cost us a lot, we have had a ton of 6s and 7th round picks with Mac so who cares AND the best part is we keep the 3rd waiver claim position. Very smart move by Douglas. Take a draft pick, let us secure our guy, and still use our waiver spot as an advantage. Also love him prioritizing the line.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

This is a great move. It doesnt cost us a lot, we have had a ton of 6s and 7th round picks with Mac so who cares AND the best part is we keep the 3rd waiver claim position. Very smart move by Douglas. Take a draft pick, let us secure our guy, and still use our waiver spot as an advantage. Also love him prioritizing the line.

We don’t lose the 3rd spot until early in the season. So we can keep using the waiver wire without issue.

Still a good move though.

24 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

We don’t lose the 3rd spot until early in the season. So we can keep using the waiver wire without issue.

Still a good move though.

Yeah you are right, is it week 3? I like the new GM being aggressive with the point of attack. The trenches give you a chance to win every game. This guy gets it. 

52 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah you are right, is it week 3? I like the new GM being aggressive with the point of attack. The trenches give you a chance to win every game. This guy gets it. 

Yeah after week 3.  However, Jets made the trade for Alex Lewis before Ravens actually put him on the waiver, thanking to his big mouth. lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Yup. Week 3. 

I agree. Keep taking shots along the OL. We don’t have to worry about OL bring neglected while Joe D is in charge.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

How many OL do we need?

The answer is more. 

Great job by Douglas to try and build a foundation up front. 

Pollack has been doing a good job so far with guys helping keep Sam clean.

Great to see we all on the same page, I agree with all you people that we finally got a first rate front office.