NFL Siblings Going against each other

Nbanflguy

Was checking out some very early 2020 Mock drafts today and I saw one had Alabama CB Trevon Diggs going to the Lions in the 1st round. For those who don't know, he is Vikings' WR Stefon's younger brother. Got me thinking how crazy that would be to go 1 on 1 against your brother in the NFL twice per year. Just imagine the trash talk and family circus that would be. What happens if Trevon gets injured tackling Stefon? What if Stefon gets concussed going over the middle and taking a hard hit from his brother, etc. For one to succeed at their job on that Sunday, one of them has to fail at his. Has there ever been NFL brothers to actually go against each other 1 on 1 in the NFL? Most siblings seem to play the same position like the Manning bros, or at least the same side of the ball. Only ones I can think of off the top of my head would be the Bennett brothers or the Long bros. I'm guess being a DE, Michael never guarded Martellius one on one. Did Kyle Long ever go against Chris?

Edited by Nbanflguy

Clay and Bruce Matthews faced each other like 20+ times.

Same division and their careers overlapped from 1983-1993 in-division and then 3 more years with Clay in Atlanta

Kyle and Chris Long faced off in the double-doink (after a partial block by Treyvon Hester) game

I know the following is continuing a tangent but really what is there to say about the few examples in history when a brother on offense faced a brother on defense?

Is that really a bigger deal than the Har-Bowl even though the coaches did not block each other?

Peyton was 3-0 against Eli but Eli was a 96.2 rated passer in Super Bowls. Peyton was a 77.4 rated passer in Super Bowls.

• They both have a whole 3 Super Bowl TD passes, like McNabb and Delhomme (Eli has 4 less picks than Peyton)

I just can't bring myself to care if Vernon and Vontae Davis or Sammie and Jaylen Watkins played against each other.