GDT #1: Titans at Eagles, Thursday, 6:30 p.m.

titans0021

15 hours ago, Daniel said:

F************************************ DirecTV.  And CBS.  **** em.

Hmm mostly I have no problem with DTV and watching Titans every game but I am In Pacific Northwest sure it sucks preseason games are delayed days but the regular season is never a problem with NFL ticket granted you would never see a game with out it though

I want to wait Saturday AM to watch before I say much.  I did see a few plays that didn’t look great with Marcus.  I also coming in was hesitant to expect much from 1st team as Philly has one of the best front four / seven and we were not playing our top RB and WR 

I don’t usual overreact to preseason games but Marcus looks like he’s always looked. The pass to Jennings was his fault. Should’ve thrown it way sooner. I’m glad he has a connection with Humphries but he was definitely staring him down way too much. Still of the opinion that our franchise QB isn’t on this roster. Also Tannehill definitely will start at some point but he’s nothing more than a stop gap. Obviously the excuses will be that Delanie, Brown, Davis, and Henry are out but come on... The guy looks like the same exact QB he’s always been.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

I think Mariota is going to be here for awhile unless he misses extended time due to injury this season.

He's never gonna be Wentz or Mahommes, but those guys are so rare. If you hold the term franchise QB to that standard, he's not one, and it may be 20 years or longer before we luck into one. The Browns have been drafting QBs in the top 5 for 15 years and just now got one who might be good, but he's not ever going to be on the level of the two guys I just mentioned.

Mariota's health is going to determine a lot, because he can win games with talent around him. He will never be one of those special guys who can do it all on his own, but losing him doesn't mean we get one of those guys. 

20 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I think Mariota is going to be here for awhile unless he misses extended time due to injury this season.

He's never gonna be Wentz or Mahommes, but those guys are so rare. If you hold the term franchise QB to that standard, he's not one, and it may be 20 years or longer before we luck into one. The Browns have been drafting QBs in the top 5 for 15 years and just now got one who might be good, but he's not ever going to be on the level of the two guys I just mentioned.

Mariota's health is going to determine a lot, because he can win games with talent around him. He will never be one of those special guys who can do it all on his own, but losing him doesn't mean we get one of those guys. 

I dis agree with you on Baker he’s the real deal throws with anticipation can fit in tight windows he’s going to be a star 

2 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

Marcus will lead us to a W week 1 vs the Browns.

BOOK IT

I worry about the lack of Lewan.  Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised.  Titans really should be a good team this year if the injured vets are all ready to go Week 1.

19 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Yes it was I’ve watched all the Titans training camp press conference & last week Vrabel was asked a question about Adoree making a few plays in camp, & vrabel shrugged & said but yeah I like to see that more consistent from him... Adoree has taken the next step in his game & if you don’t get bout year 3 the writing is pretty much on the wall on how good of a player you’ll be. Adoree still plays the game like he’s lost out there. He gets beat anytime he plays zone off coverage, he struggles understanding route concepts, being physical at the line he’s a headache, that being said I’m all for signing him for 5-7 mill per year because he is solid, nothing special but solid 

The quote that stood out to me was “it wasn’t aggressive it was wreck less”

Vrabel seemed pissed at Adoree for good reason too

15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I worry about the lack of Lewan.  Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised.  Titans really should be a good team this year if the injured vets are all ready to go Week 1.

After what Vrabel was able to do with out Lewan Conklin and Kelly at times last year I’ll never doubt him again.

Titans will be fine 

6 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

After what Vrabel was able to do with out Lewan Conklin and Kelly at times last year I’ll never doubt him again.

Titans will be fine 

Yeah, Vrabel was very impressive at times last year.  I'm just worrying about Miles Garrett in that particular game.  Lewan would be a big asset to Mariota there, and I expect the Browns to be a good team that won't be easy to beat, for once.

40 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, Vrabel was very impressive at times last year.  I'm just worrying about Miles Garrett in that particular game.  Lewan would be a big asset to Mariota there, and I expect the Browns to be a good team that won't be easy to beat, for once.

Last I check Dennis Kelly was really good against Demarcus Lawrence & JJ wat 

15 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Last I check Dennis Kelly was really good against Demarcus Lawrence & JJ wat 

8 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

we are going to destroy cleveland. you heard it here first

Well, I hope yall are right.  I'm trying to be cautious with my optimism.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Well, I hope yall are right.  I'm trying to be cautious with my optimism.

The only way I see us destroying Cleveland is if Adoree can matchup well against OBJ, the more we have to role coverage & double OBJ we’re going to be in trouble