Jump to content
Leader

Texans @ Green Bay "Dont Get Hurt Bowl"

Recommended Posts

With the way the joint practices worked out, I’m keeping expectations relatively low at this point.  Not gonna get too worked up that offense might very well look like chit.  Kinda hoping the defense comes out strong though.  It’d be so damn nice to watch and say, “yeah, now we’re cooking with gas!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cadmus said:

AKA the Tramon Williams Bowl.. 

You know back when Tramon was on the Texans with starting QB David Carr. 

I'll allow it.

Tramon couldn't beat out a guy named Earthwind Moreland for the backup CB spot and got cut.

I distinctly remember a VM34 hype thread on here when I was like 15 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to see some consistent pressure from Gary and some plays from Savage. The offense under the back ups is going to be a crap show so its not even worth looking into the WRs or TEs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Norm said:

Future highlight

HA! I remember that game and specifically that play because they were desperate to mount a comeback at that point in the game. Why Johnson was looking backwards while running forward is still a mystery to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

AKA the Vernand Morency Bowl

The guy who made Samkon Gado get cut? Screw him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The guy who made Samkon Gado get cut? Screw him.

Liked the post just because it is hard to get a relevant Samkon Gado reference in!  Nicely done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Anyone know if Rodgers is going to take a few snaps in this game?  

I read that he's boycotting the game because he's still irked about MLF and the joint practices. 
It's KizerSZN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

With the way the joint practices worked out, I’m keeping expectations relatively low at this point.  Not gonna get too worked up that offense might very well look like chit.  Kinda hoping the defense comes out strong though.  It’d be so damn nice to watch and say, “yeah, now we’re cooking with gas!”

I mean I think the offense was basically running vanilla stuff, Rodgers even said so. Going to see a lot of that in preseason too. I'm focusing more fundamentals versus the overall product when I know we are going to be holding back. I want to see guys catching the football consistently (MVS, Graham) and maybe see a decent running game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

Anyone know if Rodgers is going to take a few snaps in this game?  

Highly doubt it, nor should he. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dexter Williams and Corey Grant should get a lot of touches tomorrow. Keep an eye on them. If the Packers go with just 3 running backs, don't be shocked if Jamaal Williams is a surprise cut. Not likely, but not out of the question given his fit in this scheme. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Dexter Williams and Corey Grant should get a lot of touches tomorrow. Keep an eye on them. If the Packers go with just 3 running backs, don't be shocked if Jamaal Williams is a surprise cut. Not likely, but not out of the question given his fit in this scheme. 

Could one of the new guys push Williams out? Sure. Nobodies seen anything from them so who can say - but - if there's two things that characterize Williams - that he's proven since day one - its that he's "present" and he's steady.

He's played in all 32 games of his two year career too date - and back when Hundley was steering the ship, I (part jokingly.....) said Williams - who has always averaged 3+ YPC - was our best shot at getting a first down.

If you want to sprinkle a few other things on top - he wont be UFA until 2021 and he's relatively cheap (by NFL standards).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..........and of course there is the currently topical answer -

"You don't cut guys on rookie contracts".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OneTwoSixFive said:

..........and of course there is the currently topical answer -

"You don't cut guys on rookie contracts".

Indeed...an additional sprinkle :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×