Texans @ Green Bay "Dont Get Hurt Bowl"

Leader

With the way the joint practices worked out, I’m keeping expectations relatively low at this point.  Not gonna get too worked up that offense might very well look like chit.  Kinda hoping the defense comes out strong though.  It’d be so damn nice to watch and say, “yeah, now we’re cooking with gas!”

9 hours ago, Cadmus said:

AKA the Tramon Williams Bowl.. 

You know back when Tramon was on the Texans with starting QB David Carr. 

I'll allow it.

Tramon couldn't beat out a guy named Earthwind Moreland for the backup CB spot and got cut.

I distinctly remember a VM34 hype thread on here when I was like 15 😭

16 hours ago, Norm said:

Future highlight

HA! I remember that game and specifically that play because they were desperate to mount a comeback at that point in the game. Why Johnson was looking backwards while running forward is still a mystery to me.

14 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

With the way the joint practices worked out, I’m keeping expectations relatively low at this point.  Not gonna get too worked up that offense might very well look like chit.  Kinda hoping the defense comes out strong though.  It’d be so damn nice to watch and say, “yeah, now we’re cooking with gas!”

I mean I think the offense was basically running vanilla stuff, Rodgers even said so. Going to see a lot of that in preseason too. I'm focusing more fundamentals versus the overall product when I know we are going to be holding back. I want to see guys catching the football consistently (MVS, Graham) and maybe see a decent running game. 

Dexter Williams and Corey Grant should get a lot of touches tomorrow. Keep an eye on them. If the Packers go with just 3 running backs, don't be shocked if Jamaal Williams is a surprise cut. Not likely, but not out of the question given his fit in this scheme. 

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Dexter Williams and Corey Grant should get a lot of touches tomorrow. Keep an eye on them. If the Packers go with just 3 running backs, don't be shocked if Jamaal Williams is a surprise cut. Not likely, but not out of the question given his fit in this scheme. 

Could one of the new guys push Williams out? Sure. Nobodies seen anything from them so who can say - but - if there's two things that characterize Williams - that he's proven since day one - its that he's "present" and he's steady.

He's played in all 32 games of his two year career too date - and back when Hundley was steering the ship, I (part jokingly.....) said Williams - who has always averaged 3+ YPC - was our best shot at getting a first down.

If you want to sprinkle a few other things on top - he wont be UFA until 2021 and he's relatively cheap (by NFL standards).