Texans @ Green Bay "Dont Get Hurt Bowl"

Leader

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Give me your thoughts on GMO as a 9er. I dont know if hes their leading receiver or early cut down.

9ers really like their young WRs pettis and samuel so it's probably not a great fit for him?  

Geronimo Allison is better than Kevin Hogan.  I'm pretty sure of that.  I'm having a hard time coming up with another well-known guy who isn't aging out who he's definitely better than.

I still need this team to sign a freaking WR from outside so we can attempt to benchmark these players against something neutral.  Cobb is our best shot in reverse, but it's too bad he regressed well before leaving here.  Team needs to go get devante parker or something next offseason.

42 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

At this point, I think Geronimo Allison is clearly our #3 WR.  Some might disagree, but he was clearly our #3 WR to start the year last year with Davante Adams and Randall Cobb ahead of him.  It's probably safe to assume that MVS has jumped Allison, but has Kumerow or ESB jumped him?  I don't think so.  He's probably a safe Game Day active.  If the Packers opt to keep 4 WRs active, that fourth spot likely comes down to ST value and I think ESB and definitely Davis have the lean over Kumerow in that regard.

I feel like I like all of this post, my brain goes MVS #2 no doubt. Yet I think GMO takes more snaps than MVS over the year, early anyways. GMO is going nowhere, I was wrong there. But yeah, why don't you keep Adams, MVS, ESB, GMO active (in no order, just as they came to me). IDK, I just don't see how you play Kumerow in real games of ESB, we didn't do it LAST YEAR. Right? What could he possibly have done to get better and pass him now. You nailed it with ESB vs Kumerow when I was arguing about Moore, you're right. That's where it is.

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm waiting for people to get super pissed at the comparison. I want to see some arguments on this

Adams is a bigger, more explosive and healthier (minus concussions) Keenan Allen.

Allen has had serious ankle and knee surgeries early in his career, think this would be a fair comparison if not for that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

now I'm confused

He said I'm all in on an argument, but he had already posted stuff, but I only had read your guys replies to me, so I hadn't saw what he said. I thought he was gonna argue Allen v Adams, but he was doing the past argument, I think.

I've had a few lol

EDIT: Guess I was wrong, I'm lost too.

Edited by Norm

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I thought he was gonna argue Allen v Adams, but he was doing the past argument, I think.

I've had a few lol

nah i think he's just thinking people are gonna be p*ssed at the comparison because Adams is "so much" better than Allen and wants to watch the show.

Keenan allen just had 2 great seasons which were healthy.  Adams got force-fed the ball last year as the No. 1 option whereas Allen has a qb who spreads it out a little bit more.  

I just have a theory that most of our skill guys are pretty inflated by the rodgers factor.  

I genuinely wonder if Marquise Goodwin or Sterling Shepard would be pro-bowlers on this team.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Norm said:

I feel like I like all of this post, my brain goes MVS #2 no doubt. Yet I think GMO takes more snaps than MVS over the year, early anyways. GMO is going nowhere, I was wrong there. But yeah, why don't you keep Adams, MVS, ESB, GMO active (in no order, just as they came to me). IDK, I just don't see how you play Kumerow in real games of ESB, we didn't do it LAST YEAR. Right? What could he possibly have done to get better and pass him now. You nailed it with ESB vs Kumerow when I was arguing about Moore, you're right. That's where it is.

Only question I've got, what are the chances EQ pulled a Bakhtiari and just didn't this off season all that seriously?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Yeah I don't get these guys that keep saying he jumped Allison, 3 or 4 of them now. I never knew that was a thing. I think Cwood actually nailed it, he needs to beat out ESB. Not for the roster, not to kick off ESB, but to have a spot. 

IDK why people acting like Kumerow not making a team for years is a good thing, they gave him all the time in the world, Moore, nah. No time for that.

Haven't seen anyone say he's jumped Allison but he has jumped ESB, at least for now. It's pretty obvious based on practice snaps. Kumerow is running consistently with the ones, ESB is not. 

As for Moore, it's about numbers. When we drafted 3 WRs a year ago, did most people expect we'd carry all 3 throughout their rookie deals? We were throwing mud at the wall hoping to land 1 or maybe 2 guys out of 3 day-3 picks at the position. Moore's problem isn't Kumerow, it's that MVS and ESB, both picked after him, have been better. We already have 2 developmental WRs on the 53, MVS and ESB. You add to that your stud, 2 savy vet players and a ST ace (Davis or Shepherd) as your 6th man. That's the way I see it shaking out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Totally different dynamic though. Kumerow was hurt half of the year last year and never was considered a top 4 guy, including by the most important group of people....the coaching staff. This year he's been in the top 4 since camp started. Doesn't matter what we think, the staff is giving him more reps than ESB. Is that going to change? 

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

We already have 2 developmental WRs on the 53, MVS and ESB. You add to that your stud, 2 savy vet players and a ST ace (Davis or Shepherd) as your 6th man.

That's five though, not six. Hence the Moore vs Kumerow debate for the actual sixth spot.

44 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

The way @packfanfb described it

2 (developmental) = MVS & ESB
1 stud = Adams
2 savvy vets = Allison, Kumerow
1 ST ace Davis/Shepherd

Seems like 6 to me.................and in this scenario Moore would miss out.

You're right, I took it as 2 stud vets and I was thinking calling Allison that was a bit of a stretch. My bad.