Texans @ Green Bay "Dont Get Hurt Bowl"

Leader

13 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

oh, so he's elite at 3 really important things?  The technique is obvious.  He's very very good at his craft.

Overall, I don't think he's quite as good as we give him credit for.  Adams is keenan allen who gets to play with Aaron Rodgers.

Yeah, all of those things boil down to his insane ability to cut and glide in and out of moves... That one physical skillet is what makes Adams so good as a WR.

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You used the phrase, what does it mean to you?

Good grief... I don't really trust the "question".  I think you're setting up a paper tiger to get into some tedious semantic thing... I don't have any interest getting into that.

With that being said, I could be wrong. But, for you to shed some light on this, you'd first need to answer your own question.

11 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Good grief... I don't really trust the "question".  I think you're setting up a paper tiger to get into some tedious semantic thing... I don't have any interest getting into that.

With that being said, I could be wrong. But, for you to shed some light on this, you'd first need to answer your own question.

I think elite is the wrong word for adams.  he has elite feet and first steps.  I think to be elite you need to be like really obviously better at something than a great player like julio jones.

19 minutes ago, Donzo said:

What do you mean by the phrase? Are you talking about a receiver that forces teams into 2-High looks?

20 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Just answer your own question, then I'll answer... If you don't want to do that, I'll drop it.

The entire point of my posing the question to you is that 90% of the time the phrase is used, it's meaningless. 

You're asking me to define a phrase that in almost every context, actually means nothing.

That's why I want you to define it, so I can figure out exactly what you're referring to.

If all you meant was, "I want a faster dude" that's fine, I just want that to be the point that's addressed.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

43 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I think elite is the wrong word for adams.  he has elite feet and first steps.  I think to be elite you need to be like really obviously better at something than a great player like julio jones.

I feel like the issue is the word "elite" describing physical traits and then the end product.

Adams certainly has elite feet and first steps.  And the vertical.  Throw in some football IQ, too.

The end product?  Last year he was elite.  Let's hope that he can continue to play at that level.

35 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The entire point of my posing the question to you is that 90% of the time the phrase is used, it's meaningless. 

You're asking me to define a phrase that in almost every context, actually means nothing.

Yeah, that's what I thought... No, it's not nearly that technical... And, put a 180 on your percentage. 90% the phrase is used correctly with meaning.

My answer is simple, because it's a simple question. I could do a technical breakdown, but there's no need... Taking the top off a defense is putting the fear of God into a defense that you're going vertical/over the top of whatever formation the defense is in.

Over the past couple years, having a 3rd WR capable of consistently taking the top off for Adams and Cobb, while they run their underneath stuff, would have been excellent. Allison does the opposite of taking the top off of a defense. Someone could bring up Allison's big scramble plays with Rodgers, which is completely meaningless when it comes to taking the top of a defense. For Allison's true ability to stretch a defense, watch the twelve games in 2017 after Rodgers got hurt- ugly!... It was like Kuhn playing WR.

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

Yeah, that's what I thought... No, it's not nearly that technical... And, put a 180 on your percentage. 90% the phrase is used correctly with meaning.

My answer is simple, because it's a simple question. I could do a technical breakdown, but there's no need... Taking the top off a defense is putting the fear of God into a defense that you're going vertical/over the top of whatever formation the defense is in.

Over the past couple years, having a 3rd WR capable of consistently taking the top off for Adams and Cobb, while they run their underneath stuff, would have been excellent. Allison does the opposite of taking the top off of a defense. Someone could bring up Allison's big scramble plays with Rodgers, which is completely meaningless when it comes to taking the top of a defense. For Allison's true ability to stretch a defense, watch the twelve games in 2017 after Rodgers got hurt- ugly!... It was like Kuhn playing WR.

So you want your #2 receiver to be so good that he dictates coverage away from your #1 receiver? You understand the logical dilemma that occurs here? 

Who are the #2 receivers that you believe to possess this quality? Guys who can consistently win deep aren't #2 receivers. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So you want your #2 receiver to be so good that he dictates coverage away from your #1 receiver? You understand the logical dilemma that occurs here? 

Who are the #2 receivers that you believe to possess this quality? Guys who can consistently win deep aren't #2 receivers. 

Well, that would be OK. But, it had nothing to do with what I said.

Like I said, I think some of the reason for the Allison hate is because he was such an atrocious compliment to Adams and Cobb the last two years with his John Kuhn/Richard Rodgers esque speed. Adams and Cobb needed someone that could take the top off of the defense. Rather than someone that allowed the defense to squat on Cobbs' slot routs and Adams' dig, out, curl, comeback and slant routs.

So, are you actually saying a receiver has to "consistently win deep" to take the top off the defense? If not, what are you saying?