Madden 20 Buffalo Bills Franchise - 2023 Season

JBURGE

Image result for bills logo png

Welcome back everyone to another year and another JBURGE Madden Rebuild. I have previously done a 2018 Bills Franchise, and a joint league with @biggio7 in Madden 19. 

I am going to be a lot looser with rules this year, for a few reasons. 

1. The ratings spread has made it pretty difficult to do quick rebuilds, and these take a lot of time.
  2. The scouting is a LOT less predictable than previous years - late round picks are difficult to hit on.
  3. The X Factors make it a lot more interesting, and frankly they are fun and I would like a better chance at getting them.

So I will not be treating this as either a realistic rebuild, but I also won't be ridiculous. I think the Raiders have opened up a lot more options for these kind of things because 3 1st round picks in one year isn't exactly an anomoly.

I always lean towards generated players, so you will see my roster drain pretty quickly, and yes the first few years will suck! Because of that, the first few years may have fewer stat upgrades until we start to build that team with players that you will come to love. 

Without further ado, let the 2019 NFL Season begin!

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 8

2019 Season

The Bills have hired Head Coach Rick Bumhug as their new coach following Seasn McDermott's dismissal.

I chose the Bills for this franchise for a few reasons. One was that they have a QB who is garbage in this game. Sorry Bills fans, Josh Allen might end up being good in real life, but he can't throw a cross in this game. They also have limited young talent, but they did have a 2019 draft that I liked a lot.

Offense

ni5d5Jhh.jpg?1

I made no secret about how awful I thought Josh Allen was gonna be as a pro. His rookie year up and down, but ther real issue is his dreadful accuracy on this game. I will give him a year and QB will be my top priority in the first draft.  

I plan on playing Devin Singletery who was my favourite RB in the class. 

As far as skill positions, I certainly won't be holding on to Cole Beasley or John Brown for too long. I doubt I will be able to even move them. 

The offensive line is below average. Mitch Morse just got signed so I'm sure I'll keep him for a while,  and LT Dion Dawkins is pretty alright as well. 

Defense

DwZjj54h.jpg

I am going to build this defense around Tremaine Edmunds and Ed Oliver for at least a few years before completely moving on. Tre'davious White is a good player too, and I will have him for a bit. The rest, and I mean everyone, will be gone soon. 

Season Goal and Espectations

I have set a goal of 4 wins this year - this should give you an idea of the roster cut I expect to do. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

Time to shake this team up before the season begins.

TRADE
BILLS RECEIVE JAGUARS RECEIVE
  2020 1st   FS MICAH HYDE 86
        2020 4th  

I really wanted to format these to look prettier with better text, but you can't paste different text onto this forum which is super annoying. 

Anyways, Micah is getting older and he's not the type of safety I look for. A common trend for me is speed, and Micah doesn't have that. We pick up a 1st from a potentially middling team here in the Jaguars. They have a need at both safety spots. 

TRADE
BILLS RECEIVE RAVENS RECEIVE
  2020 3rd   WR COLE BEASLEY 84

This trade makes sense to me. Cole fits imo the Ravens offense giving Lamar someone who can get open in shorter routes while Marquise can stretch the field. The rest of their WRs suck. 

TRADE
BILLS RECEIVE SAINTS RECEIVE
  2020 3rd   DE JERRY HUGHES 83

The Saints have shown willingness to trade for players to help now and giuve up significant draft capital. They're adding a rotational rusher here to help push for their super bowl run. 

TRADE
BILLS RECEIVE CHARGERS RECEIVE
  2020 4th   HB LESEAN MCCOY 82

When I say I'm blowing it up...... Well in real life this one makes sense. Melvin Gordon is sitting out so the Chargers give up a mid rounder for one year of Lesean McCoy. 

TRADE
BILLS RECEIVE JETS RECEIVE
  2020 4th   OG QUENTIN SPAIN 79

One final trade for now. The Jets continue their rebuilding of their OL, while I moved Cody Ford to LG to be the day 1 starter. 

Positions were replaced with free agents, the only noticeable one being Obi Melinfonqu who will start at SS.

The roster has been stripped of some old talent. The guys whoa re still moveable are Shaq Lawson and Jordan Poyer, and I would think Poyer would move before the deadline. Both have been placed on the trading block.

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

TRADE
BILLS RECEIVE VIKINGS RECEIVE
  2020 2ND   S JORDAN POYER 88
  2020 7TH        
  2021 7TH        

One week after being placed on the block, the Vikings called and offered a 2020 2nd, which we couldn't turn down. 

Shaq Lawson has a couple offers, but they aren't good enough at this point to move him. 

BILLS 2020 PICKS
1st 4th
1st via JAX 4th via NYJ
2nd 4th via LAC
2nd via MIN 5th
3rd 6th
3rd via BAL 7th via MIN
3rd via NO  
Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

Re-Signings

• DE Shaq Laqson was brought back on a 2 year, $16m deal
  • CB Levi Wallace signs a 3 year $14m deal
  • WR Robert Foster signs a 2 year $5.9m deal
  • WR Isaiah McKenzie signs a 2 year $5.3m deal

The rest are birds and go to FA

@MKnight82 I was really leaning towards doing the Dolphins, Giants or Bengals, but I feel like they are the most common rebuilds, and I had already done a Bills one a couple years ago, so it kinda made sense. The Bills have a nice combo of low overall but still a few useful players that could be moved for draft capital. 

If I don't nail this draft I'll be screwed... I think I have 1-1-2-2-3-3-3-4-4-4-5-6-7. I will update this tonight. 

• Like 1

I am doing a Bills rebuild right now.  I try to stay pretty realistic, so it will be a good bit different than yours, but Matt Milano and Zay Jones are both pretty decent gems for you.  Play them early, and let them develop early on.  If you plan on moving them, their value will be a lot higher a little down the line.  I would make Zay Jones your day 1 number 1.  Good luck.  Looking forward to seeing your draft success. 

Edited by jyod21

1 minute ago, jyod21 said:

I am doing a Bills rebuild right now.  I try to stay pretty realistic, so it will be a good bit different than yours, but Matt Milano and Zay Jones are both pretty decent gems for you.  Play them early, and let them develop early on.  If you plan on moving them, their value will be a lot higher a little down the line.  I would make Zay Jones your day 1 number 1.  Good luck.  Looking forward to seeing your draft success. 

With the Beasley trade, I did put Zay Jones as my #1. I simmed the first year last night up to the SuperBowl, so I know the stats already, and he finished as my 2nd most productive WR next to John Brown. I moved Dawson Knox to starting TE and he had a pretty surprising season, to say the least. 

I will likely be able to do the whole offseason tonight, but we'll see. I'm going to mess around with the scouting input for this year, because I am not doing what I did last year again, which was post height/weight and top 3 stats for all prospects I was looking at. I will likely just skip the top 3 because that was a huge bottleneck and not enjoyable. 

I will likely post my Board heading into the draft with their projection along with age, height/weight and school. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

The depth charts are tough to read as they are now fyi. I don't know if you can do higher quality so that we could look at a larger image or zoom in on areas or something, but that would be helpful for following this.

Thanks for letting me know. I have an extension on chrome at home (currently at work) that when I hover over the image, it enlarges it to it's full size, which is really clear. What I can do is just upload a larger image if that is better. Quality won't get much better as they are screenshots from my ps4.

16 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Thanks for letting me know. I have an extension on chrome at home (currently at work) that when I hover over the image, it enlarges it to it's full size, which is really clear. What I can do is just upload a larger image if that is better. Quality won't get much better as they are screenshots from my ps4.

Whatever you think. I was just giving my thoughts.

Will follow when I have the time, been pretty busy as of late. You might of said this in one of your previous posts, but how many seasons are you planning on simulating?And I'm not a great/good Madden player, especially when it comes to H2H but against the Computer, after like 3-5 games you tend to know what works and what doesn't. So while teams like the Bills or the Dolphins might suck on paper, realistically it's not THAT hard to go say...10-6 with them even on All-Madden the first year. Do you find yourself being conservative when you play these games or do you let it fly? 

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Will follow when I have the time, been pretty busy as of late. You might of said this in one of your previous posts, but how many seasons are you planning on simulating?And I'm not a great/good Madden player, especially when it comes to H2H but against the Computer, after like 3-5 games you tend to know what works and what doesn't. So while teams like the Bills or the Dolphins might suck on paper, realistically it's not THAT hard to go say...10-6 with them even on All-Madden the first year. Do you find yourself being conservative when you play these games or do you let it fly? 

This will be a full simulation franchise. I might play week 1 or 17 each year, or a playoff game. Like you said, if I played and tried, it isn't an accurate representation of how my team stacks against the rest of the league. As for the length, I would guess at this point around 5 years, but that will depend on how long it takes for me to flame out

• Like 1