Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bucsfan333

Vita Vea sprains LCL; out 4-8 weeks

Recommended Posts

Everything must be in tact if this was BAs response. Let’s hope he’s ready for week 1 like Lavonte.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

 

It definitely didn't look good the first time I saw it....   Then I saw the close up R.I.P not looking good.  This really sucks

I think it's hilarious that people on twitter trying to diagnose the damn injury and they don't even know the difference between strain, sprain, and a tear or a hyperextension lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

This is typically a 6-8 week injury...

I'd say less for a pro athlete unless they are just being overly cautious. 2-3 weeks and he will be ready is my guess.  They will probably hold him out another week for precautions and then 1 more week to get "back" into playing shape. 

My guess is 4 weeks from now he will be full go 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I'd say less for a pro athlete unless they are just being overly cautious. 2-3 weeks and he will be ready is my guess.  They will probably hold him out another week for precautions and then 1 more week to get "back" into playing shape. 

My guess is 4 weeks from now he will be full go 

From what I read on LCL injuries, my assumption there was a slight tear in the ligament as the fluid being seen would suggest.  Jusr a relief they feel he can recover without surgert.  With such a large man, avoiding any knee surgery for as long as possible is welcome news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news. I hope he is back week 1 or week 2 at the latest but can’t rush I’m back and then jeopardize the whole season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

I'd say less for a pro athlete unless they are just being overly cautious. 2-3 weeks and he will be ready is my guess.  They will probably hold him out another week for precautions and then 1 more week to get "back" into playing shape. 

My guess is 4 weeks from now he will be full go 

You're also talking about a 300+ lbs. individual which adds more stress and that his ligament will be subjected to more stress than a normal person would see if everyday use...

I think 2-3 weeks is pretty optimistic. I think reality is closer to 6 weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just keep him out an extra week or two. Don't want to risk any further damage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

 

Sucks.. but keep him out the 8 weeks I say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×