Sign in to follow this  
bucsfan333

Vita Vea sprains LCL; out 4-8 weeks

Everything must be in tact if this was BAs response. Let’s hope he’s ready for week 1 like Lavonte.

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

It definitely didn't look good the first time I saw it....   Then I saw the close up R.I.P not looking good.  This really sucks

I think it's hilarious that people on twitter trying to diagnose the damn injury and they don't even know the difference between strain, sprain, and a tear or a hyperextension lol.

14 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

This is typically a 6-8 week injury...

I'd say less for a pro athlete unless they are just being overly cautious. 2-3 weeks and he will be ready is my guess.  They will probably hold him out another week for precautions and then 1 more week to get "back" into playing shape. 

My guess is 4 weeks from now he will be full go 

26 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I'd say less for a pro athlete unless they are just being overly cautious. 2-3 weeks and he will be ready is my guess.  They will probably hold him out another week for precautions and then 1 more week to get "back" into playing shape. 

From what I read on LCL injuries, my assumption there was a slight tear in the ligament as the fluid being seen would suggest.  Jusr a relief they feel he can recover without surgert.  With such a large man, avoiding any knee surgery for as long as possible is welcome news.

Good news. I hope he is back week 1 or week 2 at the latest but can’t rush I’m back and then jeopardize the whole season.

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

You're also talking about a 300+ lbs. individual which adds more stress and that his ligament will be subjected to more stress than a normal person would see if everyday use...

I think 2-3 weeks is pretty optimistic. I think reality is closer to 6 weeks

Just keep him out an extra week or two. Don't want to risk any further damage. 

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Sucks.. but keep him out the 8 weeks I say.