ITS BACK! Preseason week one GDT

N4L

It's officially game week fellas. Preseason kick off is just a few days away. 

It's a home game against the cowboys, which means it's going to be a road game for us. Their fans always invade Levi's. 

THINGS IM LOOKING FORWARD TO:

1) seeing wishnowsky in action - punting is an art form. Everybody says that he has an arsenal of kicks at his disposal so it will be interesting to see how he spins it. Should be amazing. He has the potential to be the best punter in the NFL within the year 

2) the backup QB battle - will be very telling which guy goes out first and how they rotate them. This is one of the more intriguing battles and why I think we win this game running away. We know Nick Mullens can play and I suspect that beathard will be moving more quickly this year. Beathard saw it slow, moves slow, and throws slow. He has a pretty good arm. Nick is very quick but doesn't have the same arm. I would imagine beathard will have tried to speed things like his footwork up a little bit to keep up with how Nick and Jimmy play. 

3) tarvarious Moore at FS - obviously we've never seen him there and he was not the first choice to play that spot by anyone in the fanbase. He can start to prove that not signing ET was the way to go. 

4) The Wrs - Deebo Samuel should see a lot of time. Hopefully Jalen Hurd gets out there. Richie James is playing for his career right now. Pettis supposedly has taken a step forward in some regard. 

5) the linebackers - greenlaw has supposedly had a great camp. Elijah Lee will be out there. Someone will need to emerge from this preseason as a viable player who can be relied on in a rotation. 

Does anyone know if bosa is playing? What about laken Tomlinson? 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Jimmy should see zero snaps this preseason. Zero. 

I disagree. I don’t want him getting his feet wet week 1. Players always say one of the biggest mental hurdles after coming off a major injury is taking that first hit. Obviously we don’t want him getting blasted out there, but I’d rather he get over that hurdle in pre-season. 

So pumped to see Bosa out there. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Jimmy should see zero snaps this preseason. Zero. 

No, he should see some at least in the third game. To get some rust off and actually take a hit before the season. He's not getting touched in training camp obviously. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I disagree. I don’t want him getting his feet wet week 1. Players always say one of the biggest mental hurdles after coming off a major injury is taking that first hit. Obviously we don’t want him getting blasted out there, but I’d rather he get over that hurdle in pre-season. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, he should see some at least in the third game. To get some rust off and actually take a hit before the season. He's not getting touched in training camp obviously. 

Not only these two things, but I would hate to see the offense as a whole trying to work out the kinks in Week one of the regular season in one of our most winnable away games. 

I'd put him in preseason game 2, and treat it like preseason game 1 - give him a couple drives, maybe just 1 if it's a very good one. Game 3, plan to play it like game 2 (a drive or two into quarter 2), but leave him out to shake off more rust if needed), and then hold him out of the finale. 

7 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Well, they can't really tell the defenders not to blast Jimmy out there, and go easy on him. :) 

Didn't Jimmy already take a dangerous hit in OTAs this summer that made Shanahan's heart sink when the team defense over-pursued on a snap? Anyway, I see your point. Makes sense. I just prefer, and hope he doesn't play until week one, and get the jitters out in that game if he has any. 

9 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Didn't Jimmy already take a dangerous hit in OTAs this summer that made Shanahan's heart sink when the team defense over-pursued on a snap?

no, it was an 11v11 rep, which he wasn't cleared for yet. Kyle saw it and put a stop to it. He was still wearing the black jersey so even if they got to him he wouldn't have been touched. The risk was if someone fell down and fell into his knee. 

9 minutes ago, N4L said:

no, it was an 11v11 rep, which he wasn't cleared for yet. Kyle saw it and put a stop to it. He was still wearing the black jersey so even if they got to him he wouldn't have been touched. The risk was if someone fell down and fell into his knee. 

Right. I had forgotten. Shanahan hasn't said he Jimmy will play in any of the game this preseason yet correct? 

Edited by PapaShogun

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Right. I had forgotten. Shanahan hasn't said he Jimmy will play in any of the game this preseason yet correct? 

I haven't seen anything about it but I assume he wont play this week and that CJ/NM will each get two quarters

2 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I thought Shanahan said he’d play in game 2&3. To what extent who knows, but I’m pretty sure he said that. 

Yeah, I think the fact week 3 is in kansas city is pretty poetic actually. Would be good for him to mentally get on that field and get past what happened. Especially because we won't go there for a game that matters for another 6 years. 

The closer it gets, the better I feel about this season! I think we have what it takes