ITS BACK! Preseason week one GDT

N4L

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just realized we are playing the Broncos on Monday Night next week. Don't really like that but oh well. 

Shon Coleman has a dislocated ankle which probably ends his season. 

What decent swing tackle options are out there? 

Mentioned it in the GDT earlier. Ryan Schraeder is out there. Used to be a quality tackle, but he really isn't any more. But Shanny is familiar with him from his time in Atlanta. Not sure if he's healthy or if there are other issues going on, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was a guy that we bring in. Also, we could always bring back Gilliam. 

Interesting game, outside of the penalties. I haven't read the thread, so I don't know what you guys have said, but very impressed by our rookie WRs. Hurd's ceiling could be ridiculous. 

Can't wait to see a more complete roster out there.

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Mentioned it in the GDT earlier. Ryan Schraeder is out there. Used to be a quality tackle, but he really isn't any more. But Shanny is familiar with him from his time in Atlanta. Not sure if he's healthy or if there are other issues going on, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was a guy that we bring in. Also, we could always bring back Gilliam. 

I was going to ask has Gillam signed elsewhere and I think I got my answer with Shanahan's response today SMH lol.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

We sure hope so as Eagles fans. Comp pick formula and what not.

Unfortunately for you guys, that comment came in a part of the game before our super-raw 3rd round pick (Jalen Hurd) saw the field and tore it up out of the slot. Before that, it seemed likely that Hurd would be inactive on game days, at least at the start of the season. Now I am far less certain of that. If he has another few games like this one in the preseason and corrects some mistakes, he will be active. That would make Jordan Matthews a bit redundant.

It's still early, and luckily for you guys no receiver has been able to step up consistently for us. But the narrative you are quoting turned around really quickly. 

So Barrows' updated 53 after game 1- 

Out - Malcolm Smith, In - Al Shaair. 

Wouldn't mind this, and in fact, this gets brought up in discussion during a little podcast that may or may not have occurred over the weekend. 

Out - Adrian Colbert (+Exum) - In Marcell Harris. 

Something else we talk about. Not sure that I live this given how limited Harris is back there, but I certainly understand it. 

Out - Jet (well, IR, which is something that I've been thinking about for a while. Seems like the right call)

Out - Richie James / Jordan Matthews

In- Dwelley + Kaden Smith at tight end. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Wouldn't mind this, and in fact, this gets brought up in discussion during a little podcast that may or may not have occurred over the weekend. 

And that may or may not be posted this evening (like, 99% sure it will).

Shout out to our guest, @mw2noobbuster, and also to @N4L@oldman9er and @757-NINER as all were name-dropped this week. (I don't think I missed anyone).

EDIT: 

I did - @Forge name-dropped @J-ALL-DAY as well .

• Like 2

I did notice Kaden Smith in the game. He was in motion several times and seemed to be signaling other guys to keep illegal formation penalties from getting called. If he really knows the playbook that well already, this is a good reason to keep him. That, and I think he may be the other real Red Zone threat not named Hurd.

I'm not gonna draw too much from ONE preseason game in terms of the final 53. I will say that I think we're going to keep 6 WRs and that right now my six would be Pettis, Samuel, Hurd, Goodwin, Taylor, James. So that would leave Bourne as the odd man out. My reasoning is that I Hurd can fill that tough, over-the-middle, possession type Bourne was trying to be, yet never consistent enough to secure. And he also adds the ability to be a viable red-zone target. As some know, I thought James would be the steal of our draft last year and from all accounts, he has stood out so far in camp. He really didn't seize his opportunities in the game but he's one of the guys I think has the ability to separate vertically and on the shorter routes and if we do decide to move on from Goodwin, that's a trait that I think the staff will covet. Whether that be before the season or before the trade deadline. 

I really feel they should designate McKinnon for IR. It just makes too much sense. We have Coleman, Brieda & Morstert. If the knee is not where it needs to be, just give him the 8 weeks or whatever it is to get it right. 

I will say, I was surprised by Street. He looked nimble and had some explosive elements of his game. It was a pleasant surprise. Im still not a Day fan. He's solid but I really don't understand starting him next to DeFo. They should be doing everything in their power to elevate Thomas. I mean you drafted him 3rd overall. It would seem to me you would want to give him every opportunity to shine inside if you're not going to start a true NT next to DeFo. But Taylor is the most talented interior lineman we have after DeFo. If he can remain healthy, sky is the limit for him. He really looked like a starter against the Cowgirls. Really excited for his future. 

3 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I really feel they should designate McKinnon for IR. It just makes too much sense.

That's how I'd go about it as well. In all likelihood, one of the RBs will be injured by the time Jet can be reactivated from the IR, and this way, he can rest and heal up much better than he would if he tried to rush back into the lineup.

• Like 1