Packers cut ties with 2016 2nd Round OT Jason Spriggs

TheKillerNacho

Classic example why the Underwear Olympics might be the most overrated program in sports! He was just the 2016 Version of their Hero!

I warn you now, this is a nfl combine overreaction.  However, it’s hard to overlook such an impressive performance by Jason Spriggs.  How impressive you ask?  Jason Spriggs posted the best numbers among all offensive tackle in this class in four of the five major events he competed in.  Digging deeper, he posted very similar numbers to some of the highest drafted offensive tackles in the last several years.

https://nflmocks.com/2016/03/05/nfl-draft-jason-spriggs-rising-nfl-draft-boards

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Classic example why the Underwear Olympics might be the most overrated program in sports! He was just the 2016 Version of their Hero!

Yeah, well, okaaaay, but I'll admit I really bought into the Jason Spriggs hype in 2016; AND, as a New York fan, I hope the Giants bring him in for a look now!

I mean, that 40-yard time! That shuttle! Those 31 bench-press reps!

And the guy is really, really ripped! Probably some of you guys are going to poke cruel fun at me for this, but Full Disclosure anyway: at the time of the draft I purchased a Jason Spriggs Commemorative Wall Poster of the guy from the Underwear Olympics, and, uhhh, I sort of pinned it up on my bedroom door, and maybe I should take it down, now, 3 years later, BUT, like I say, the Giants are thin at OT, and.......who knows???

Image result for Frank Zane

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

How bad is the injury?

couple of weeks.
hurts his value because he can't practice with new team for awhile
Not sure what the Texans got to see of him while they were in town, he had an elbow injury in the offseason, then injured his trapezius on 7/28

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

https://nflmocks.com/2016/03/05/nfl-draft-jason-spriggs-rising-nfl-draft-boards

I agree with you, but he had excellent college tape too. It wasn't like he came out of nowhere with a big combine performance. He was one of the best pass blockers in college football.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

couple of weeks.
hurts his value because he can't practice with new team for awhile
Not sure what the Texans got to see of him while they were in town, he had an elbow injury in the offseason, then injured his trapezius on 7/28

Aha, welp. So much for that.

He just never developed.  I thought he was okay last season at RT, nothing special though.  Still, we have had other cast-offs that I thought were worse get chances (Breno Giacommini, Marshall Newhouse, Alan Babre) with other teams.  I imagine that he will at least get a shot to restart his career somewhere.

Also, there was some jerk that thought we were going to save money by having Spriggs take over at LT and let Bakhtiari go in free agency.  What a jerk!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bzane said:

Yeah, well, okaaaay, but I'll admit I really bought into the Jason Spriggs hype in 2016; AND, as a New York fan, I hope the Giants bring him in for a look now!

I mean, that 40-yard time! That shuttle! Those 31 bench-press reps!

And the guy is really, really ripped! Probably some of you guys are going to poke cruel fun at me for this, but Full Disclosure anyway: at the time of the draft I purchased a Jason Spriggs Commemorative Wall Poster of the guy from the Underwear Olympics, and, uhhh, I sort of pinned it up on my bedroom door, and maybe I should take it down, now, 3 years later, BUT, like I say, the Giants are thin at OT, and.......who knows???

Image result for Frank Zane

Did you have Ereck Flowers rated high too?