Sign in to follow this  
brooks1957

Developmental tackle?

I see that Green Bay is waiving tackle Jason Spriggs with an injury designation. Once healthy, do we take a flyer on him? He is 3 years into the league, so I don't know if he has practice squad eligibility left.

The upside would be that he is a former second round pick. Those guys have talent, or they are taken later. I remember everyone gushing over him pre-draft 2016. Also in his favor is he is still just 25 - so he could still have a lengthy NFL career if he develops.

In the TBD category is he played at Green Bay last year, where James Campen was as well. Those two know each other - so that can be a good or bad thing. Campen has done wonders with Greg Robinson so far. Could the same happen for Spriggs? Campen also knows his work ethic and habits - and if those aren't up to snuff - that may be a strike against Jason.

The downside has to be that he is 3 years into his career and yet the former high draft choice has yet to make an impact. That is teetering perilously close to the "BUST" status.

I could go either way. If we sign him and it doesn't pan out - that's the price you pay to see if we have something. Thoughts?

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/7748/jason-spriggs

Not worth it to carry. Browns will only carry 8 Linemen

Robinson

Bit

JCT

Corb

Hubbard

Kush

Forbes

Lamm

maybe Dorsey likes him more than Lamm but I like Lamm as a back up swing tackle. Dude has 24 career starts. Where Springs only has 9. Seems like Springs had a very disappointing career with the Packers

57 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Not worth it to carry. Browns will only carry 8 Linemen

Robinson

Bit

JCT

Corb

Hubbard

Kush

Forbes

Lamm

maybe Dorsey likes him more than Lamm but I like Lamm as a back up swing tackle. Dude has 24 career starts. Where Springs only has 9. Seems like Springs had a very disappointing career with the Packers

Pretty much this.

If you’re on the roster as a reserve, you need to be able to play NOW.  We’ve already got two unproven/developmental guys in Corbett and Forbes, the other 6 need to be at least capable of playing.