Week 1 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (0-0) @ Houston Texans (0-0)

.Buzz

For what it’s worth, those are grades out of 100. If it was a full season grade in the NFL, it would rank 47th among qualified Tackles last year. Coincidentally, A.J. Cann was the 47th ranked Guard last season. 

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

For what it’s worth, those are grades out of 100. If it was a full season grade in the NFL, it would rank 47th among qualified Tackles last year. Coincidentally, A.J. Cann was the 47th ranked Guard last season. 

Odd, as many people were saying how good Bolles and Ramszyk looked all over twitter in recent days/weeks.

Still nice to see him at the top of their grades either way.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Odd, as many people were saying how good Bolles and Ramszyk looked all over twitter in recent days/weeks.

Maybe they had some good games and bad ones?

Its nice that he’s the top of those, but the group is doing about what you would expect for what was viewed to be a week draft class.

Just now, iPwn said:

Maybe they had some good games and bad ones?

Its nice that he’s the top of those, but the group is doing about what you would expect for what was viewed to be a week draft class.

Yeah, i'd agree. Most people did view Cam/Ramszyk/Lamp/Bolles as pretty nice OL though. Just no elite top tier clear cut guy at the top. each had questions/concerns.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Still nice to see him at the top of their grades either way.

I mean, sometimes PFF grades don't actually make any sense at all.  So it's not that odd.

Just now, Tugboat said:

I mean, sometimes PFF grades don't actually make any sense at all.  So it's not that odd.

Yeah, I mean I don't take their grading TOO seriously. I generally just post it/find grades interesting to take a look at. Definitely don't take it as gospel.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Yeah, I mean I don't take their grading TOO seriously. I generally just post it/find grades interesting to take a look at. Definitely don't take it as gospel.

Yeah.  Absolutely.  Doesn't hurt to take a gander at it, share it around a bit.  Just one perspective though.  And sometimes a very weird one that doesn't jive with what things appear to be on the field.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Hope he can be a key cog for us long term. Liked what I saw in the preseason...and hes not exactly a finished product.

Bro he's far from finished. He has work to do when it comes to consistency,  footwork,  and hand placement.  He gets better at 2 of the 3 and becomes a pro bowler. 

Just now, Jags said:

Bro he's far from finished. He has work to do when it comes to consistency,  footwork,  and hand placement.  He gets better at 2 of the 3 and becomes a pro bowler. 

Yup, I agree. Just hope he/we can get that done though. Wonder if Boselli will give him a call and try and work with him like he attempted (at least I'm pretty sure) to do with Joeckel. 

27 minutes ago, iPwn said:

This is good food for thought.  Although he's doing better than all the other roles,  he still has a long way to go to be considered good by overall NFL standards. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Yup, I agree. Just hope he/we can get that done though. Wonder if Boselli will give him a call and try and work with him like he attempted (at least I'm pretty sure) to do with Joeckel. 

I kinda wish that we kept ol' pillow hands here to play guard or at least compete at tackle. 

Just now, Jags said:

I kinda wish that we kept ol' pillow hands here to play guard or at least compete at tackle. 

I know it's easy to sit here and say that with our OL in a bad spot, but he isn't the answer/changing where we're at. Saw his game against MIN, same old Joeckel.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I know it's easy to sit here and say that with our OL in a bad spot, but he isn't the answer/changing where we're at. Saw his game against MIN, same old Joeckel.

I don't know if he's particularly worse than some of what we're sending out now.  But it was one of those things where it's best to just let him go as far as the optics are concerned.  Keeping reminders of Caldwells bust drafting around after the fact like that doesn't do his image any favors.  Probably also not super fun for Joeckel himself to be here either, where he's always got that stigma hanging over his head and really isn't liked the fans as a result.

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I don't know if he's particularly worse than some of what we're sending out now.  But it was one of those things where it's best to just let him go as far as the optics are concerned.  Keeping reminders of Caldwells bust drafting around after the fact like that doesn't do his image any favors.  Probably also not super fun for Joeckel himself to be here either, where he's always got that stigma hanging over his head and really isn't liked the fans as a result.

Give me Omameh over Joeckel. Omameh isn't the answer at LG, but think that one bad preseason game is clouding some peoples judgement on him. He was a semi-decent option last year that shouldn't be a starter but won't absolutely kill you if he is.

I really don't feel that way about Joeckel. I think he's going to get Russell Wilson killed if he sticks at LG (not sure what their plan is with Fant (original LT) on IR).

Archived