Week 1 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (0-0) @ Houston Texans (0-0)

.Buzz

3 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

This argument stemmed from my positive comment though, lol. Doesn't matter if it is what your argument is primarily about or not.

It was also a joke that got posted in our group chat as well as twitter and everywhere else. All those other places took it for what it was, a simple joke about the silliness of the team. Here, it got met by white knighting. 

Just now, iPwn said:

Maybe that something is the direction of the team ?

Well should we just give up on getting this place active/fruitful discussion occurring like what was being said by you a couple months ago? It's been active up to this point but I'm having a hard time having interest (doesn't look like I'm the only one either) continuing to put time into posting topics, discussing the team, etc. on here when literally nothing can be posted without some backhanded comment at the organization.

Like I said, there are several teams in bad spots/have been in bad spots for a long time and those forums aren't near as bad.

The Jaguars are bad. Caldwell/Gus era was bad. Tons of mistakes were made. We still lack a franchise QB, we have OL problems. Edge rush still isn't where we need it to be. Depth at a few spots isn't ideal/need to be worked on. We ALL know this. It doesn't need to be consistently stated in every thread followed by "This organization is joke" in damn near every post that is made. I don't see that happened in the Cleveland forum who have been in a long *** drought themselves. I don't see it in pretty much any forum that I've went into.

Just now, iPwn said:

It was also a joke that got posted in our group chat as well as twitter and everywhere else. All those other places took it for what it was, a simple joke about the silliness of the team. Here, it got met by white knighting. 

I took it as a joke/whatever last night... but what am I supposed to think when I come back to this thread and that one little positive comment has created a two page debate that has almost nothing to do with what I originally posted? lol

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

On the plus side, we are already on page 7.

Pretty much just because of jokes at the organization/team followed by a long discussion about the level of hate being talked about the organization constantly.

Texans fans who come in here to see what are thoughts are about the game will be disappointed reading through this, but I guess I'll take it. 

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Pretty much just because of jokes at the organization/team followed by a long discussion about the level of hate being talked about the organization constantly.

Texans fans who come in here to see what are thoughts are about the game will be disappointed reading through this, but I guess I'll take it. 

Still nice to have a discussion of the team compared to the silence from last year.

And though it was referred to as an argument, skimming through it at the end of work, it seems to be pretty civil.

3 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Still nice to have a discussion of the team compared to the silence from last year.

And though it was referred to as an argument, skimming through it at the end of work, it seems to be pretty civil.

Yeah, no reason to get too over the top about any of this. Just feel like something needed to be said. Main reason to jump on here and discuss is to be able to talk with other Jaguars/football fans in general about the team and football. Yet it feels like whenever I come here to post it's just defending people that I'm not even sold on (Coughlin, Marrone, etc.) or like (Caldwell) but I have no interest in just slamming the team over and over again. Not exactly a fun concept, especially when the PRESEASON, not even the regular season, has been played.

25 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, no reason to get too over the top about any of this. Just feel like something needed to be said. Main reason to jump on here and discuss is to be able to talk with other Jaguars/football fans in general about the team and football. Yet it feels like whenever I come here to post it's just defending people that I'm not even sold on (Coughlin, Marrone, etc.) or like (Caldwell) but I have no interest in just slamming the team over and over again. Not exactly a fun concept, especially when the PRESEASON, not even the regular season, has been played.

I feel ya. I play devil's advocate a decent amount of time just to balance it a little.

Hopefully the team gets better and it is a pleasant surprise. It is hard to envision the team being good no matter the talent level after the past decade, so I completely get the frustration as well with the team. I have always been a "let's see how it plays out" guy though. Even in 2012 when I thought everything looked like it was on the cusp of completely collapsing... and then it did, haha.

2 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I feel ya. I play devil's advocate a decent amount of time just to balance it a little.

Hopefully the team gets better and it is a pleasant surprise. It is hard to envision the team being good no matter the talent level after the past decade, so I completely get the frustration as well with the team. I have always been a "let's see how it plays out" guy though. Even in 2012 when I thought everything looked like it was on the cusp of completely collapsing... and then it did, haha.

This I'm fine with. Be critical of the team. There's good reason to be. Think most of us have been around following this team for quite a while now and have been through all the bad and are frustrated. We are bad until we aren't. My problem is strictly talking poorly about anything that happens regardless of what it is. It could be the right move for all we know and yet it will be criticized. 

For a forum where Jaguars come to discuss the team/want to see good discussion, this just isn't.

Just now, .Buzz said:

This I'm fine with. Be critical of the team. There's good reason to be. Think most of us have been around following this team for quite a while now and have been through all the bad and are frustrated. We are bad until we aren't. My problem is strictly talking poorly about anything that happens regardless of what it is. It could be the right move for all we know and yet it will be criticized. 

For a forum where Jaguars come to discuss the team/want to see good discussion, this just isn't.

Yeah, that is the same issue I have had. Ultimately though, if there is good and civil discussion, it is whatever. As much as I would love for there to be a more neutral route of discussion, it is going to be hard to attain that until the team is good. 

I wouldn't call all the negative discussion bad per se either. Moreso a little draining than anything, which is how I've described it. It is already tough enough being a Jags fan.

2 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Yeah, that is the same issue I have had. Ultimately though, if there is good and civil discussion, it is whatever. As much as I would love for there to be a more neutral route of discussion, it is going to be hard to attain that until the team is good. 

I wouldn't call all the negative discussion bad per se either. Moreso a little draining than anything, which is how I've described it. It is already tough enough being a Jags fan.

Amen. That's mostly it for me. I'm sick of defending the organization as there's no doubt they deserve criticism, but as you said, there needs to be a happy medium.

Anyways, as you said before, good to see this place going a bit more. We're already at 7 pages which was probably near the highest on the old forum in any week last season. Just hope the consistent negative talk doesn't change someones decision on joining up to discuss. 

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Good or bad, I am excited for Sunday. I will likely miss the end of the game due to my flight... but hey, decent chance the game is over before I leave anyway ;)

Yeah, we should have a double digit lead by the time you take off. No worries.

Archived