Texans @ Packers - Pre Season Game 1

amazingandre

Well, I'd say like last pre-season, the o-line was a pleasant surprise, but run blocking was particularly impressive.  Max Sharping needs to be starting at RT - Henderson is a slug.  Personally, I'm ready for Fulton to move to C with Nick Martin in the tub again and guards who actually can run block.  RB's Higdon & Crockett look solid and Howell continues to excel on STs.  Can't say that anyone made much of an impression on defense, but Lonnie Johnson confirmed my belief that he's not going to be much of a man to man defender as he got torched by a udfa for a 27 yard td.  Roby looked good.  Addae looks like a decent 4th-5th safety and Austin Exford might have practice squad potential.  Pass rush was non-existent.

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's a preseason game, but this team is so undisciplined and disorganized. We're in mid season form in that respect, jeebus.

I liked O'Brien's absurd challenge on a spot instead of challenging a very dicey PI that gave the Packers 3 more downs at the 1.  Lost by 2 - 4 point swing on that play Bill - mid-season form.  I'll wager his paycheck on him being the one coach who doesn't turn a game on this stupid new rule if he even knows it exists.

• Like 1

Semi related side note - if Vrabel makes a QB switch to Ryan Tannehill, the Texans will be 3rd in the pecking order in the AFCS. Mariota holds that team back, Tannehill gets that team running at a very high level.