Belly Choice?

KewlBeanz

21 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It's not that bad really.  It's a pretty mild allergy.  Just makes my face all red and itchy and i end up futilely constantly trying to clear my scratchy throat.

So i've tried enough mustard to know i find it kinda gross anyway.  Don't feel like i'm really missing out on much tbh.  Baffles me the things some people put it in or on, ruining perfectly good food.

Ah. I have a mild almond allergy, which I mostly just use as an excuse to not eat them, because they’re not very good. Maybe that’s just an allergy attitude.

But mustard, good lord. I put that **** on everything. It’s even the best bbq sauce base.

On 11/08/2019 at 11:09 AM, Daniel said:

Ah. I have a mild almond allergy, which I mostly just use as an excuse to not eat them, because they’re not very good. Maybe that’s just an allergy attitude.

But mustard, good lord. I put that **** on everything. It’s even the best bbq sauce base.

Almonds are pretty decent though.  Good nuts.  Really underrated liquer too.

BBQ is always the trickiest thing to navigate with respect to mustard allergy tbh.  I love good barbecue, but dastardly Mustard can be lurking all over the place with ribs especially.  Which kinda ruins it for me.  It's one of those sorta surprise hidden things.

As an actual statement of fact tho...Tomato is the best BBQ sauce base though.  Just FYI.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Almonds are pretty decent though.  Good nuts.  Really underrated liquer too.

BBQ is always the trickiest thing to navigate with respect to mustard allergy tbh.  I love good barbecue, but dastardly Mustard can be lurking all over the place with ribs especially.  Which kinda ruins it for me.  It's one of those sorta surprise hidden things.

As an actual statement of fact tho...Tomato is the best BBQ sauce base though.  Just FYI.

1. Mustard based sauce

2. Vinegar based sauce

3. Tomato based sauce

Dishonorable mention (aka what the ****, Alabama?): Mayo based sauce

Ribs shouldn't have a sauce, just a basting liquid and a dry rub.

I'ma have to educate all-yall on some bbq. 

Best thing to do with bbq is a dry rub. Brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, italian seasoning mix, lemon pepper and a dash of ground ginger. Then get a plastic squirtbottle and pour some red wine vinegar in it. Put the rub on wings and ribs. Get your smoker to 225. Every half hour til done (2 hours for wings, 4-5 for ribs, spray down the ribs and wings with the red wine vinegar. It creates it's own sauce. 

When the ribs and wings are done, take the drippings, put about a half cup of red wine vinegar in it and cook it down to create the sauce you serve with the ribs and wings.

On 8/9/2019 at 10:30 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Among gentleman, you're right. But I still see people putting ketchup on brats, so I take no changes.

Man people need to stop bashing ketchup and pineapple. Ketchup is probably the most versatile condiment in the game. Its nowhere near the best, but to think it is strictly only appropriate on burgers/fries is asinine. Ketchup on hotdogs (brats to a lesser extent) is perfectly acceptable and improves the dog no matter what other toppings are on it. IMO putting yellow mustard on a brat (brown only) is a bigger crime than putting ketchup on a hotdog.

........and pineapple on pizza is good you heathen purists :D

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Man people need to stop bashing ketchup and pineapple. Ketchup is probably the most versatile condiment in the game. Its nowhere near the best, but to think it is strictly only appropriate on burgers/fries is asinine. Ketchup on hotdogs (brats to a lesser extent) is perfectly acceptable and improves the dog no matter what other toppings are on it. IMO putting yellow mustard on a brat (brown only) is a bigger crime than putting ketchup on a hotdog.

The only thing ketchup does is make whatever you're eating taste like ketchup. It's a total waste on a brat, which is delicious on its own. Or really anything that is delicious on its own.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Can't get with you on ketchup.  It's only useful for fries and onion rings.

Pineapple on pizza is dope though.