Preseason Week 1: Browns vs Redskins - Beginning of a Dynasty

candyman93

5 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Can't wait until like 4 years from now when the preseason isn't a thing anymore. All it does is hype me up until like 10 minutes into the game and I smash back to Earth. 

I think pre-season will always be a thing.  I don't watch to see how Baker is going to throw, or if OBJ will be a fit in our offense, but I like to see how the rookies are coming along.  Who will be able to take over for Kirksey and Shobert if we don't re-sign or keep them.  Who the next safety is, who's playing well as a backup on the O-line.  I think we're all too into football to not care about who's on the 53, even if we know who the starters are...

30 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I think pre-season will always be a thing.  I don't watch to see how Baker is going to throw, or if OBJ will be a fit in our offense, but I like to see how the rookies are coming along.  Who will be able to take over for Kirksey and Shobert if we don't re-sign or keep them.  Who the next safety is, who's playing well as a backup on the O-line.  I think we're all too into football to not care about who's on the 53, even if we know who the starters are...

I've always been a fan of preseason and a 4 game preseason. I wanted to see guys earn their spot whether as a starter or a role player. Now that our roster is pretty much set it doesn't seem like something we need or at least not 4 games worth. I could see it going down to 2 games with the starters getting about a game worth of action to click and the reserves getting about a games worth of action to impress. It is still important to teams with a lot of question marks though so we'll see what happens with it but with so many teams not playing starters at all I think it's certainly going to change soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I've always been a fan of preseason and a 4 game preseason. I wanted to see guys earn their spot whether as a starter or a role player. Now that our roster is pretty much set it doesn't seem like something we need or at least not 4 games worth. I could see it going down to 2 games with the starters getting about a game worth of action to click and the reserves getting about a games worth of action to impress. It is still important to teams with a lot of question marks though so we'll see what happens with it but with so many teams not playing starters at all I think it's certainly going to change soon.

Yeah i'm super excited to see some of the players in this pre-season.

We finally get to see Greedy get some playing time against other competition.  I hope he is the guy that I think he can be.

I'm REALLY excited to watch Mack Wilson and Sione Taki Taki.  I think Wilson will end up being a starting LB for us by the end of the year over Ray Ray.

Really interested to see our safety play as I have NO idea what we are going to have next year, if we are going to re-sign Randell.

I wanna see more Hilliard now too.  Hes our backup for at least 8 games.

Also wide reciever 5 and 6 is going to be interested.  OBJ, Jarvis, Callaway and Higgins have it locked up.  It seems like Willies had a really good shot for 5, but strong? Ratley? Guiseppi? should be fun to watch.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

One of my buddies was parlaying bets on WNBA games a few years ago. We had an intervention. 

That's at least a competitive game against teams trying everything they can to win.

Tonight, in the games potential crucial moments, an undrafted AAFL QB could be passing the ball to a tight end that was signed last week. 

At least in the WNBA, you've got Sue Bird or Candace Parker taking the last shot.

31 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Chicken wings are in the brine. Potato salad is made. Beer is chilling. Brats are ready to throw on the grill. Lets do this, Brownies!!!

I took a different approach.  

Became an empty nester on Wednesday, as my wife is moving my youngest into school.

I made a couple loaves of banana bread this afternoon, and will probably enjoy a slice or two during the game. 

Image result for damn i am old gif

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, braylon said:

Anyone think any Browns are going to be worth playing tonight on DraftKings lol? I’m considering Hilliard, Pharoah Brown, Strong and Callaway.

dude dont be a degenerate and bet on preseason games. Prolly bet on Brown and Strong if I had to. Willies too

31 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think Reddit does some streams but not sure.

You may still find some, but they shut that down a while ago, at least the NBA streams.

I'll he having a viewing party on Saturday if anyone wants to stop by. A little grilling, a little drinking, a little asking my kid to stop telling me about roblox while I'm watching the game. Should be fun.

4 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

You may still find some, but they shut that down a while ago, at least the NBA streams.

I'll he having a viewing party on Saturday if anyone wants to stop by. A little grilling, a little drinking, a little asking my kid to stop telling me about roblox while I'm watching the game. Should be fun.

Ditch, if you're gonna raise a nerd at least give them name brand. Minecraft is 4 the children.