Preseason Week 1: Browns vs Redskins - Beginning of a Dynasty

candyman93

4 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Let me know when your Madden league gets set up, because I think that's all this idea is good for. For this idea to yield picks you realize our backup would need to play, which would mean Baker would be consistently getting hurt. 

It might make more sense to be every two years. Then (in theory) you have a solid backup QB on the roster on a rookie contract at all times. I'm not going to die on the hill for the idea. It just makes sense to me.

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Whilst I don’t agree with taking a developmental qb every year, I do agree if there is one in the draft you think you can develop you take him. You do realize scouts scout team’s qbs all the time?  If he looks good you can absolutely trade him if you want. 

Yeah, they scout everyone, but you pool resources where you need them. We don't need even a developmental QB. You guys aren't used to how good NFL teams are run. The QB is set in stone. Any good QB will be long gone before we have the opportunity to take them. It just isn't worth thinking about. 

Just now, Reginaldm9 said:

Yeah, they scout everyone, but you pool resources where you need them. We don't need even a developmental QB. You guys aren't used to how good NFL teams are run. The QB is set in stone. Any good QB will be long gone before we have the opportunity to take them. It just isn't worth thinking about. 

Well then the backup QB is an undervalued position. We can take advantage of that.

1 minute ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Actually I am used to watching how good teams are run. I watched the Kosar led teams. 

Go see the Patriots ideals of drafting a development qb. That’s how I want to do it.