Preseason Week 1: Browns vs Redskins - Beginning of a Dynasty

candyman93

Just looking around the league.

Chiefs are going to be as good offensively as last year, but they have shaky runningbacks.

Patriots defense is going to be insane. They don’t have sexy names, but holy crap are they deep and elite at tackling. Even the backups tackle well. They’re going to be like the team we saw in the super bowl.

Steelers are our only real competition in the division.

On 8/11/2019 at 8:43 PM, candyman93 said:

Just looking around the league.

Chiefs are going to be as good offensively as last year, but they have shaky runningbacks.

Patriots defense is going to be insane. They don’t have sexy names, but holy crap are they deep and elite at tackling. Even the backups tackle well. They’re going to be like the team we saw in the super bowl.

Steelers are our only real competition in the division.

Man I’m really worried about the Ravens D and run game. I feel like they’re going to run all over us.

Steelers are on the downswing. Conner and juju smith-schussed are their only weapons and their D isn’t what it used To be.

They are 2 well coached teams and it’s going to be a dogfight every time.

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Man I’m really worried about the Ravens D and run game. I feel like they’re going to run all over us.

Steelers are on the downswing. Conner and juju smith-schussed are their only weapons and their D isn’t what it used To be.

They are 2 well coached teams and it’s going to be a dogfight every time.

I get the feeling we will be shredding defenses. I think the Ravens D is gonna be good, but not incredible. I could see us dropping 30 on them and Lamar only managing 17-21 on us.

6 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

I get the feeling we will be shredding defenses. I think the Ravens D is gonna be good, but not incredible. I could see us dropping 30 on them and Lamar only managing 17-21 on us.

Yeah and didn’t they lose 3-4 front 7 starters?

I know they tend to reload rather than rebuild, but that’s a lot for any team to lose.

5 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

They are such a wild card and it almost worries me. That defense (especially secondary) has the ability to take over games. They offense on the other hand is going to be hit or miss. What worries me is that it stands a 10% chance of turning into Mike Vick on the Eagles and thats a 10% chance I dont want to hit

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah and didn’t they lose 3-4 front 7 starters?

I know they tend to reload rather than rebuild, but that’s a lot for any team to lose.

Yep. Replaced Weddle with Thomas so they did upgrade there (assuming Thomas returns to form after the big injury). Their secondary might be the best in the league - Jefferson + Thomas and Humphrey (suuuuper good) + Smith as corners (and Brandon Carr is good too).

But they lost a lot elsewhere. Suggs and Smith were their two sack leaders last year. Mosley was the brain of their defense. Michael Pierce showed up to minicamp 800 pounds overweight and got sent home. Even right now he's a little overweight. They're counting on Matt Judon heavily.

This will be a Ravens defense that, while having arguably the best secondary in the league, have some questions regarding generating pressure. Should be solid against the run but I think if you give a QB like Mayfield time he will thread needles. With an upgraded WR group vs. aging secondary, I think the Browns guys will be able to get open and Mayfield will have time. Lamar barely played from behind last year and I think this year we'll see how he performs in those situations a lot more.

Still should be some tough games though and you can never discount what Harbaugh can do for that team.

• Like 1

Baker passed for 700 yards against the Ravens last year. Other teams may struggle to score against them which means they may have a decent record but they can't contain Mayfield and I think we could potentially sweep them and worst case scenario in my mind we split.

I'd still rather face the Lamar Ravens than the Ben Steelers. Once we get a lead on the Ravens it should be game over. The Steelers are much better equipped to comeback and make it a game.

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Baker passed for 700 yards against the Ravens last year. Other teams may struggle to score against them which means they may have a decent record but they can't contain Mayfield and I think we could potentially sweep them and worst case scenario in my mind we split.

I'd still rather face the Lamar Ravens than the Ben Steelers. Once we get a lead on the Ravens it should be game over. The Steelers are much better equipped to comeback and make it a game.

Yeah fat Ben still has a cannon 😒

I think we win both home games against the Steelers/Ravens.

Ravens defense relies on incredibly strong secondary play. Other than Brandon Williams, I can’t name a player in their front 7 off the top of my head. They can stop the run, but can’t rush the passer.

However, our WRs are individual mismatches when left 1 on 1. So schematically, I like facing them more than Pittsburgh.

I will never feel confident against Pittsburgh until Ben retires.

Edited by candyman93

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Ravens defense relies on incredibly strong secondary play. Other than Brandon Williams, I can’t name a player in their front 7 off the top of my head. They can stop the run, but can’t rush the passer.

However, our WRs are individual mismatches when left 1 on 1. So schematically, I like facing them more than Pittsburgh.

I will never feel confident against Pittsburgh until Ben retires.

I think the Ravens rush D takes a hit to. Mosley was an absolute stud at defending the run. Now he is in NY