Preseason Week 1: Browns vs Redskins - Beginning of a Dynasty

candyman93

Just now, Reginaldm9 said:

So approximately 1/7 of our draft capital each year should go to the possibility of catching lightning in a bottle and best case scenario gifting us Kirk Cousins? You've lost it. 

A mid round pick isn't really 1/7th of our draft capital. Not all picks are equal in value. I do think it's worth a mid round pick, and I believe that we should be able to get a decent pick back every other time.

1 minute ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Well, you could argue that Nick Foles helped the Eagles get over the finish line.  

Nick foles was an anomaly, he was literally a dog 💩 QB in any other system other than the eagles, and he is currently starting and was never going to be a realistic backup option for anyone this year 

• Like 1

Just now, Don Roshi said:

A mid round pick isn't really 1/7th of our draft capital. Not all picks are equal in value. I do think it's worth a mid round pick, and I believe that we should be able to get a decent pick back every other time.

Let me know when your Madden league gets set up, because I think that's all this idea is good for. For this idea to yield picks you realize our backup would need to play, which would mean Baker would be consistently getting hurt. 

Just now, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Nick foles was an anomaly, he was literally a dog 💩 QB in any other system other than the eagles, and he is currently starting and was never going to be a realistic backup option for anyone this year 

True, but he was good enough in their system at that time to help them get a ring.  I wouldn't necessarily want him as my team's starter, but as a #2?  If he fit in the cap without screwing the team over at other positions, then I certainly wouldn't mind him as the #2 guy.  

Heck, I think that Blake Bortles with our o-line and backs/receivers would be an upgrade over Stanton.

]

Just now, Bucketheadsdad said:

True, but he was good enough in their system at that time to help them get a ring.  I wouldn't necessarily want him as my team's starter, but as a #2?  If he fit in the cap without screwing the team over at other positions, then I certainly wouldn't mind him as the #2 guy.  

Heck, I think that Blake Bortles with our o-line and backs/receivers would be an upgrade over Stanton.

The eagles were lucky cause they had the cap space and a rookie QB, that the Eagles were able to eat that big contract of Foles.

But Bortles is the back up for the Rams. 

1 minute ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Let me know when your Madden league gets set up, because I think that's all this idea is good for. For this idea to yield picks you realize our backup would need to play, which would mean Baker would be consistently getting hurt. 

Whilst I don’t agree with taking a developmental qb every year, I do agree if there is one in the draft you think you can develop you take him. You do realize scouts scout team’s qbs all the time?  If he looks good you can absolutely trade him if you want.