Preseason Week 1: Browns vs Redskins - Beginning of a Dynasty

candyman93

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m talking about the recent history of backup QBs. I don’t know why it’s a hard concept for some people to understand that this season is very important. We shouldn’t lose it all just because our qb goes down for a few games. We need someone to keep the team afloat. And drew Stanton ain’t it. 

History: key word. None of those guys are available now. You're whining over spilled milk. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m talking about the recent history of backup QBs. I don’t know why it’s a hard concept for some people to understand that this season is very important. We shouldn’t lose it all just because our qb goes down for a few games. We need someone to keep the team afloat. And drew Stanton ain’t it. 

He is basically Josh McCown without the skill set.  

Just now, Reginaldm9 said:

You guys are crazy man. There's like 25 other positions we gotta fill on a year to year basis--let's focus on those now. 

QB is responsible for at least 50% of a teams success. You don't short change on that position.

1 minute ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

He is basically Josh McCown without the skill set.  

Yeah, I would love for us to find another Josh McCown; a person that can actually give insight/advice and come in when needed to at least be a game manager. Stanton can't even look like a decent backup vs the Redskins 2nd/3rd stringers in the first preseason game where we constantly hear rookie QBs light up 2nd/3rd stringers.

Just now, Reginaldm9 said:

You're right, but we already have one. 

We do, but like others have said, if he goes down - we're screwed. Drafting a mid round QB every year is something that should pay for itself. Minimal cap invested and the pick should come back every other time.

21 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t think he could moonlight as a #2. Which is the problem. When you’re a good team with playoff hopes you should have a quality backup Incase of injury. 

named a team who has a stud back up QB? there really isnt a team out there with a great back up QB. I dont even think some of the contenders have a very solid back up QB.

Edited by buno67

Just now, Don Roshi said:

We do, but like others have said, if he goes down - we're screwed. Drafting a mid round QB every year is something that should pay for itself. Minimal cap invested and the pick should come back every other time.

So approximately 1/7 of our draft capital each year should go to the possibility of catching lightning in a bottle and best case scenario gifting us Kirk Cousins? You've lost it. 

• Like 1