NFL Gamepass: Who's got it?

mikebpackfan

Thought about putting this in genpop, but we're 1/3 of this site anyways, and I don't know how many of you are like me and never look over there.

I've had Sunday Ticket for many years now (I'm in Minnesota, so I get about 50% of the Packers games anyways, some years it really seems like a waste) and have decided to move on, now that it seems I can reliably get Gamepass on my big TV with a Firestick.  Anybody else have this?  Opinions, good/bad?  I know I have to wait until 7 on Sunday day time games, is this a hard and fast rule or do they sometimes come out earlier (or do they mess up and they come out later?).  I'm gonna start the trial tomorrow for the 1st pre-season game and for now I still have DirecTV so if I hate it I can always go back to Ticket before season starts.  

I've got it. 

I will say that waiting until Tuesday night to get the All-22 and then a lot of times them getting plays out of order is very frustrating. 

I've never used it for much else. 

every once in a while I'll watch a game that I missed live. It is good for that. I believe it's around 7 that the noon games load up.

I don’t see any reasonable better options. I want it on demand (that is, I don’t want to necessarily watch it 12-3:30) and I want it on my giant TV without the hassle of getting a laptop connected to it.  $99 for all 16 games seems a pretty fair price. (esp. considering the price if you don’t want to fight DirecTV for Sunday Ticket is exorbitant). 

Edited by mikebpackfan

3 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

I don’t see any reasonable better options. I want it on demand (that is, I don’t want to necessarily watch it 12-3:30) and I want it on my giant TV without the hassle of getting a laptop connected to it.  $99 for all 16 games seems a pretty fair price. (esp. considering the price if you don’t want to fight DirecTV for Sunday Ticket is exorbitant). 

Got to work during most games? That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea.

I honestly wish the NFL could just run the games like PPV.  I don't want to pay for the entire season because some are local and I can watch at home for free, and I go to the bar for quite a few as well.  But there are 3-5 times when I just want to stay home and would absolutely pay 5-10 dollars for a single game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

As far as I know, just NBA and Soccer have been banhammered. I used it to watch the HoF game last week 🤷‍♂️

Good to know.  He was talking about the PL, and assuming that the NFL would follow suit.

I was just testing now to see how much it is for us Euro users. I have the option of signing up for free for all preseason games, which is nice because it seems like you US guys have to set up trial accounts for that. The option for the season itself is 164 euros (184 USD for you weak currency users) and it includes the playoffs and the Super Bowl, and all games are available live, in replay mode and in condensed mode.

I think it used to be more expensive but it's still quite a bit of dough - it comes out at like 8-10 euros per game for a guy like me that will only watch Packers games and the playoffs. I wish there was a reduced version with access to just one team.

1 hour ago, Packer_ESP said:

I was just testing now to see how much it is for us Euro users. I have the option of signing up for free for all preseason games, which is nice because it seems like you US guys have to set up trial accounts for that. The option for the season itself is 164 euros (184 USD for you weak currency users) and it includes the playoffs and the Super Bowl, and all games are available live, in replay mode and in condensed mode.

I think it used to be more expensive but it's still quite a bit of dough - it comes out at like 8-10 euros per game for a guy like me that will only watch Packers games and the playoffs. I wish there was a reduced version with access to just one team.

I got friends in Spain that pay for it and are always complaining about the streaming quality. In fact, many of them often go to reddit even with GamePass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VonKarman said:

I got friends in Spain that pay for it and are always complaining about the streaming quality. In fact, many of them often go to reddit even with GamePass.

I usually go to that place too and it works pretty well. Maybe sometimes there's one game that they're continually taking down (SNF maybe), but the rest of the season it's pretty good.

I had also heard that the streaming quality is questionable, just another reason to stay away from it for now. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1