NFL Gamepass: Who's got it?

mikebpackfan

They have made it really tough in the UK too, used be able to use a VPN for blacked out games, now they base it on where your Gamepass registration originates from. We pay £150 pounds and only get to watch about 10 Packers games as the others are taken by Sky so they are blacked out. 

Anyone know is there a service other than Gamepass where you can watch tonights preseason game but not live but later on tomorrow?

21 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Got to work during most games? That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea.

I honestly wish the NFL could just run the games like PPV.  I don't want to pay for the entire season because some are local and I can watch at home for free, and I go to the bar for quite a few as well.  But there are 3-5 times when I just want to stay home and would absolutely pay 5-10 dollars for a single game.

No work, just prefer to watch commercial-free (But how will I find out about the latest line of Chevy Trucks?) and if the wife really wants to do some family thing I’ll usually just put the game off til later, no big deal to me. Though I’ll admit that chatting on the ‘net and following blogs makes watching the live games much more tolerable. 

I watched most of the preseason live stream last night and performance was pretty awesome.  I think it’ll work out just fine for me. 

Now I just need to decide if I can cut out DirecTV entirely.  That’ll depend on OTA/recast performance, DirecTV for all their faults has a pretty damn good DVR. 

Edited by mikebpackfan

On 8/8/2019 at 5:09 PM, Brit Pack said:

They have made it really tough in the UK too, used be able to use a VPN for blacked out games, now they base it on where your Gamepass registration originates from. We pay £150 pounds and only get to watch about 10 Packers games as the others are taken by Sky so they are blacked out. 

Anyone know is there a service other than Gamepass where you can watch tonights preseason game but not live but later on tomorrow?

If you have NFLN the game will be replayed:

• Saturday, Aug. 10 at 4 p.m. CT
  • Monday, Aug. 12 at 3 p.m. CT
  • Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 3 a.m. CT

I am not sure how that works for the UK.  

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

If you have NFLN the game will be replayed:

• Saturday, Aug. 10 at 4 p.m. CT
  • Monday, Aug. 12 at 3 p.m. CT
  • Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 3 a.m. CT

I am not sure how that works for the UK.  

Already have it set to record. Combine the ungodly amount for I already pay for cable (cant go Firestick because large trees around the house mandate a satellite be affixed to the roof - which aint happening...) - the amount of games that I get live - plus these replays - I record a seasons worth of GBP football. Might not all be real time - but thats good enough for me. 

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Already have it set to record. Combine the ungodly amount for I already pay for cable (cant go Firestick because large trees around the house mandate a satellite be affixed to the roof - which aint happening...) - the amount of games that I get live - plus these replays - I record a seasons worth of GBP football. Might not all be real time - but thats good enough for me. 

Yeah, I can't justify paying for all of the games. We usually have 2 or 3 Primetime games and I get another 3-4 locally.  I also really enjoy going to the bar to watch all of the games.  I would pay $10-15 for the couple of times that I want to just stay home and aren't lucky enough to have them local.  The NFL did stream a few games on twitter, and the MLB has been streaming an MLB game every day.  If they would just make it PPV and relatively affordable, and easy to access I would gladly give them my money.  And I don't need to pay the cable company for MTV, TBS, and Nickelodeon when I just want to watch one football game.  

Where do you live? Wisconsin North Woods? My parents live in South West Missouri.  A google maps satellite view of their house shows a little bit of their pool, part of their deck, and most of the roof line.  The rest of their yard is completely covered in treetops.

I actually switched credit cards recently, which led to my auto-renew for NFL Game Pass to be cancelled. Gonna try Reddit this year and see how it goes, as I have done with the Milwaukee Bucks. (I live in Colorado you see). Anyways, I got an email notifying me. What's interesting is that NFLGame Pass now says you get the replay immediately after the game has ended. I've copied and pasted a part of that email here:

Here are some improvements new to NFL Game Pass this year:

• Earlier Access to Game Replays: Game replays are now available as soon as the live broadcast ends. No more waiting until Sunday night to replay the game you want to watch.
  • All-New NFL Game Pass Film Sessions: Full episodes are available exclusively for subscribers. Break down film with the league’s best players and coaches, as they take you through the game’s concepts and techniques, including: Andrew Luck, Jamal Adams, Jarvis Landry, and more.
  • New Shows: This season we’re adding Good Morning Football, Fantasy Live, NFL 360, and Hard Knocks with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
  • Team Specific Pages: Our new team-specific pages will host your favorite team’s games and shows all in one place.
  • Next Gen Stats: Coming this regular season, Next GenStats play diagrams will be available, so you can take your player and team scouting to the next level