Chiefs_5627

Mo Claiborne to KC

I thought he played decent when he was with the Jets, and the tail end of his Cowboys career.  Not a bad signing especially considering the Chiefs secondary...

7 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I thought he played decent when he was with the Jets, and the tail end of his Cowboys career.  Not a bad signing especially considering the Chiefs secondary...

Pretty much what I understood. He's certainly not been the mess that he was at the start of his cowboys career. 

Suspended first 4 games of the season but he should start for KC after that.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Suspended first 4 games of the season but he should start for KC after that.

Can he play slot? Kendall fuller 'tweaked' something and hasnt been playing through it very well 

Edited by Chiefer

42 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

The Chiefs look to have a strong starting safety duo and good depth at the position.

The CB situation is not good IMO but there is some unknown with Breeland and Ward.

It isnt a bad signing. He could start for them after the first 4 games, but even if he just ends up as depth, its decent depth. He has good skills, may never have lived up to his draft slot but still he can certainly be a contributor.

Posted (edited)

I think they may have done this more for depth, and maybe some leadership to help teach the other guys along. 

Good to have old timers in there to help them younger generations learn how to FINISH games. Something the Chiefs need to get better at for this year.

Edited by HolmesPriest

I wanted the Vikings to sign him, but we couldn't chance it with his suspension.

He was drafted into a dumb-*** defensive scheme under Rob Ryan.  Aside from having his confidence shattered from such an overly complicated coverage playbook, he also suffered from an inordinate amount of injuries (mostly soft tissue) that kept him from gaining any rhythm.   Mo, when healthy and confident, is a really good CB.  

13 hours ago, Forge said:

Pretty much what I understood. He's certainly not been the mess that he was at the start of his cowboys career. 

Yeah, definitely not. He was actually fine for his first few games, then Roddy White screwed with his confidence I guess, but the scheme was also terrible. Once the Cowboys got a good FS and changed the scheme up a bit, both he and Carr started to play well at CB. 

Whether he succeeds or fails depends upon how the Chiefs play defense. He is no Jack of all trades.

He and Tyrann Mathieu played together at LSU. Does anyone make anything of that?

J